Marketing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeighBee

Reaction score
Hi
I have recently ordered some car window stickers along with labels to stick on leaflets and business cards.

What do you think of window stickers for the car?
And where can I hand out my leaflets other than shops and to my friends?

Any info would be great!
Thanks

I think they can look really professional and a great way to get your business name out there not to mention get you noticed.
Id say go for it what have you got to loose.

Good luck let us know how you get on.

jen x

Hi
When i started my business i put leaflets everywhere!!! I posted alot through peoples doors( i don't know if ur still allowed to do this but it worked well for me! Maybe check on that) I gave them to everyone i knew and asked them to take them in to their work- the put them on there office notice boards etc and i put them in my local gyms too-(the ones that didn't have salons in them i asked ad they were fine about it) Also if you don't have anything to do with a hair salon find a salon that doesn't do beauty and see if they will take some in return of you taking some of their cards. The stickers seem a good idea-you've gotta try alsorts!!

Good luck with it all just get your name out there as much as possible
Beautystuff xxx

Personally I didn't find door to door leafleting worked for me. Very time consuming and very little return. Handing them out in your local town can work.

Try asking your local newspaper if they can do an editorial for you, sometimes they will do one for a new business. Ask if they do any reder offers or something like that where you can give away a treatment or discounted treatment or a competition where you can get names and addresses. If you get lots of names and addresses you can then target them in direct mailling or get email addresses for email marketing.

Be very careful about paying for advertising. it is very expensive and I have found not very effective. So you have a local monthly magazine for your area? would they do a feature. In Somerset wehre I am there is 'Limited Edition', I offeredd the journalist a free treatment and in return I got a wonderful full page article on me and the treatment she received. always worth a try to get something free. Good luck

Do remember that although you may not get instant responses from leaflets or any other type of marketing, people don't always throw leaflets away immediately. They may not need a treatment done when you put it through the door but they may pick it up in a few weeks or even months. You want to make sure that when they do need a treatment - it is you they call. Unless you ask everyone you see where they saw your number, you may assume the leaflet did not work. It is all about getting the right message, to the right person at the right time. You will get wastage - but nothing is 100 per cent. You may also need to put them out than once - think how many times you get the same thing through the door - it is all about catching you at the right time.

I have been desiging my leaflets for door drops in certain areas, and on the back i put the recycle sign - everyone very aware of there carbon footprint at mo! and underneath i wrote "this leaflet may not be for you but you may know someone that deserves a treat or would like to experience such services please pass it on" well something along those lines - im always keeping things i pick up for my mum lol!! :green:

Latest posts

Back