Massage & back extractions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

House Beauty

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I’ve a new client booked in tomorrow for a massage but wanting extractions on their back.

I suggested adding some extra time to the appt for a consult to discuss and so I can have a look and decide on a treatment plan, and that as they say it’s quite a problem I’ve suggested a ‘back facial’ might be better suited with exfoliation and steam with the extraction etc to make it more comfortable.

What I’m thinking is, doing it before a massage is probably not the best idea as if there is any blood from the extractions, I’m obviously not going to be comfortable having my bare hands massaging as of contamination risk.

So my question is, have you ever done this after a massage? Would the oil cause a problem? Or is there anything I can do to remove the oil before a ‘back facial?’

At college we were never shown how to remove it, we always just pressed and wiped with towels but there was something written about cologne to remove. Can this be something like aftershave? As I don’t have a clue where I’d find eau de cologne before tomorrow morning.

Or would I be best suggesting doing massage as planned and if the back facial is needed plan for another day?

You could do this routine on the back:
Cleanse & rinse
Exfoliate & rinse
Tone
Massage with oil or talc
Rinse & tone
Steam
Extraction
Tone
Mask
Moisturiser

Use large sponges rather than cotton wool pads

You could do this routine on the back:
Cleanse & rinse
Exfoliate & rinse
Tone
Massage with oil or talc
Rinse & tone
Steam
Extraction
Tone
Mask
Moisturiser

Use large sponges rather than cotton wool pads

Thank you! I will write this down in case I need to do it in future.

It turned out to be really freaky and I didn’t even need to do anything...

He had some kind of anxiety about spots on his back and neck and said he had had them for years and was always squeezing them. Made it sound dreadful. There was one pustule that I had to really try hard to see and I searched for a while and found 2 blackheads. When I said there was nothing he started grabbing at his back and not letting go of the skin. Really freaked me out.

Then I was massaging and he asked if he should take his pants off..3 times!!! I said no thank you. Absolutely not. Please don’t. Carried on and then when he was leaving I said ‘a bit of advice, never, ever suggest taking your pants off to any beauty or massage therapist. Ever.’ He said ‘oh I didn’t know, your website...’ as if it was some kind of possible brothel website or something! It couldn’t be more professional.

But I think I will now only have men for massages in the evening when my husband is home. Gave me the shivers.

Thank you! I will write this down in case I need to do it in future.

It turned out to be really freaky and I didn’t even need to do anything...

He had some kind of anxiety about spots on his back and neck and said he had had them for years and was always squeezing them. Made it sound dreadful. There was one pustule that I had to really try hard to see and I searched for a while and found 2 blackheads. When I said there was nothing he started grabbing at his back and not letting go of the skin. Really freaked me out.

Then I was massaging and he asked if he should take his pants off..3 times!!! I said no thank you. Absolutely not. Please don’t. Carried on and then when he was leaving I said ‘a bit of advice, never, ever suggest taking your pants off to any beauty or massage therapist. Ever.’ He said ‘oh I didn’t know, your website...’ as if it was some kind of possible brothel website or something! It couldn’t be more professional.

But I think I will now only have men for massages in the evening when my husband is home. Gave me the shivers.

Hmm... yes, a bit creepy!
I only take men when my husband is home, just in case. I sit hubby somewhere where they see him as they walk to the treatment room.
I have one bloke who I don't particularly like. Never tries anything but always wanting me to go further and further down towards his bottom.
His wife is a lovely client though. Last time this man attended for a back massage I said I had improved his aching muscles as much as I could so if he got any more problems to see our local osteopath. Hasn't been back since. :)

P.s
I only book men now for either a back massage or a lava shell treatment on the back / back of legs. I tell them this is best for men.
That way they are lying on their front the whole time. I leave the room when they are changing before & after the treatment. Do't go back in until trousers back on!!! :eek:

That’s an idea. It’s an odd one, It’s been 7 years but as soon as you offer massage all the weirdos come out.

I’ve decided to only do it for Male clients I already know, or ones that have been referred...when they come for other treatments they’ve never ever been anything but behaved.

That’s an idea doing just the back. I only just realised but he’d been reluctant to turn over and I had to tell him 3 times to turn over..he kept saying I’ve done something to him and he can’t turn over. Only now do I realise it must have been a boner yuck!!

Hmm... yes, a bit creepy!
I only take men when my husband is home, just in case. I sit hubby somewhere where they see him as they walk to the treatment room.
I have one bloke who I don't particularly like. Never tries anything but always wanting me to go further and further down towards his bottom.
His wife is a lovely client though. Last time this man attended for a back massage I said I had improved his aching muscles as much as I could so if he got any more problems to see our local osteopath. Hasn't been back since. :)

P.s
I only book men now for either a back massage or a lava shell treatment on the back / back of legs. I tell them this is best for men.
That way they are lying on their front the whole time. I leave the room when they are changing before & after the treatment. Do't go back in until trousers back on!!! :eek:

Latest posts

Back