Men and fake nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Steve, but as victoria says, someone is selling you a CROCK. :lol:

The info you have been given is completely incorrect and typical of a technician who wants to tell you a crock so she can try and lock you into her services.

Nails do not breathe and as Bio gel being stronger than L&P or UV Buff off gels; that is just not true. But it may be strong enough for you and that is fine.

Shame that professionals (?) spread this rubbish and try to bamboozle people with incorrect information.

Personally I think that new world or not, it looks weird for a man to have long pink nails!! Expect comments lol

I agree the info I put up may have been wrong but that was what I was initially told. Oh well this is a learning experience for me and I've had no problems so far.

As for long pink nails don't do it if a man, it's 5 steps to far trust me I know!

Just go with fairly short an keep it French for some reason this isn't so badly recieved my most recent set picture in my last post, get a few looks but nlong hard stares and giggles.

I've got good mates and a thick skin it hasn't really changed my life but it still isn't accepted it certian circles.

Just because it isn't 'accepted' in certain circles doesn't mean you can't have them done!

I earn't £100 this week for doing a full set on a professional straight man who had a TV appearance yesterday ( no I'm not going to tell you who!) He paid me that much as he was paranoid about the state of his nails (REALLY bad) but even more worried anyone would know. I built them very short and used Gigi's secret mix for a tiny free edge. He was so pleased I got that big tip :) He says he will be a regular client now too so times are changing even if not out in the open yet

Mate im the guy in the post that was linked to in the earlier thread, if your going to do it then kkep them short and go for a masculine colour as i have found out thats more accepted. When i first had them done i went for UV extensions and had them long and pink but i have had them done a few times since and come to find that bio gel is better it's stronger than UV and lets ur nails breathe unlike acrilic. yes you we get lots of attention from womes but dont let this go to you head as probably 80% of them think its weird 15% think damn he got better nails than me and 5% maybe find it attractive on a man.

Also you have to consider what you work as im a business consultant so i cant really be attending meetings and doing presentations with a clolur on my nails.

If you work in a tanning salon then im sure it will be fine and more accepted as for all my mate they took the pi$$ at first now they just accept it i was watching the boxing last night with everyone wearing the nails like in the pics below.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Give it a few more years and it will be more socially accepted i hope anyway.

Steve
Steve the link doesn't display any photo's. I would love to see your nails. x

If that still doesnt work i have added some pics to my profile :)

My straight male boyfriend wears full face makeup with tinted lipgloss, so I don't think manicured nails is a big thing. He's not a crossdresser either, just with the times and very fashionable. He looks manly and very natural. He also has to beat the girls off with a stick!:green:

Go for it! Times are so different these days. Well groomed no longer equals 'gay' and to be honest I find men who don't groom meticulously to be something of a neanderthal. Guess I'm just used to seeing plucked eyebrows, foundation and colour makeup on guys now...:lol:

PS- they are not fake nails, they are fingertip prosthetics. If that helps...

I think you wont struggle to a find a tech in your area. I am in llandudno and I would be more than happy to to do your nails if you cant find anyone nearer you.

tigi

I actually would like my nails/ hands to look better as they are terrible i dont bite them but years of hard manual labour and boxing have taken there toll,
I never noticed them until i got into the beauty bizz (accidently) and i do feel a little rough around the edges on appearance especially my hands i actually only have 9 intact fingers and one finger looks like i had my big toe sewn on the end !! i was going to post my filthy squashed sausauge fingers on here for a laugh lol
My advice is just do it... if my hands were in better condition and i could carry it off i would

Steve, I'd gladly have a look at your hands/nails - I like a challenge!! Birmingham's too far for me mobile, but I work a salon day in Alcester on a Thursday. Think about it... ? :)

When I was going to school for nails, ironically there was a man who worked in the bus station who had acrylics. Now he wore them long, and painted them deep forest green or navy. He had lots of questions including myself, (respectful of course!) but he said he was a straight married man, but just liked to be in touch with his feminine side. I'm guessing he went to a discount place because they didn't look tailored to his hands (they were too thick and just icky...). I do say, make sure you go to a tech who is very good. Being a man with enhancements you will get more looks anyways, but nail enhancements should be that; enhancements. They should never look fake. :D

New to the forum….

Well, I bit the bullet on Saturday and got acrylics with small extensions. My Nails have always been really thin and brittle probably partly from all the meds I took as a kid. I never have had "pretty" nails even when I tried to do it naturally.

Here's the result….

http://img529.imageshack.us/i/img0172s.jpg/

What does everyone think? natural enough to get away with at work I hope :) I really love them and that's all that matters….

New to the forum….

Well, I bit the bullet on Saturday and got acrylics with small extensions. My Nails have always been really thin and brittle probably partly from all the meds I took as a kid. I never have had "pretty" nails even when I tried to do it naturally.

Here's the result….

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

What does everyone think? natural enough to get away with at work I hope :) I really love them and that's all that matters….
I think they are fab and very natural! :)

Can anyone tell me re: finishing man's acrylics. My dads friend who he sings with plays guitar and usually has very long thumb nail but it broke. His daughter put a tip on (from Superdrug) which obviously broke off! Told him about acrylic on thumb nail for the future but just wondered how would you finish it off to make it look natural and matt? I was always taught the acrylic would be porous unless it was buffed to a shine to seal the acrylic? x

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and a little nervous. I am a CD male who is straight and have longed to go into a nail bar and have enhancements but am worried about the reaction I would get. I am normally very outgoing but am very sensitive to others reactions. Most of my girl friends ( friends that are girls ) have enhancements and that look so stunning. If I was to come into your salon what would be your reaction to me. I'm tall with large hands but love pretty things. ( think I should have been a girl lol ). I've tried growing and shaping my nail but they either curl under or flake/split. Xxxx

I do see the problem either x
I have done lots of men manicures and they was regular clients x

But I've never used colour on a man before x

:)

They look really nice and natural! Remember though you still have to follow the aftercare advice to keep them looking nice!

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and a little nervous. I am a CD male who is straight and have longed to go into a nail bar and have enhancements but am worried about the reaction I would get. I am normally very outgoing but am very sensitive to others reactions. Most of my girl friends ( friends that are girls ) have enhancements and that look so stunning. If I was to come into your salon what would be your reaction to me. I'm tall with large hands but love pretty things. ( think I should have been a girl lol ). I've tried growing and shaping my nail but they either curl under or flake/split. Xxxx

I wouldn't bat an eyelid, pretty things are there to be loved by all not just women.

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I've done enhancements on men and art work, doesn't faze me one bit.

But I had a private home salon which is why they've come to me for that reason privacy because they don't want to sit in a open salon where others can unfortunately judge them. To me male or female your a client who wants pretty nails.

Totally agree! Xx

Latest posts

Back