Metro pack - application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby4444

Reaction score
Hiya
Can anyone tell me the steps of applying glitter L&P, ive bought the metro pack and i had a go last week but the tips looked a bit grey in the shade but ok under lights-i think i used too much, do you have to apply it thinner?
lou x

looby4444 said:
Hiya
Can anyone tell me the steps of applying glitter L&P, ive bought the metro pack and i had a go last week but the tips looked a bit grey in the shade but ok under lights-i think i used too much, do you have to apply it thinner?
lou x

I used glitters as I would my normal L&P I have not used metro - you might want to consider using clear tips if you weren't already it really makes them shine.

I dont find I apply the glitter mixed L&P any thicker or thinner than without - but other geeks might do it differently - HTH

cool thanks lou!
yeah ill try clear tips, do they just blend like natural or do you treat them like whites? im guessing they need thinning down?
ill have another go! i thought i had to apply clear L&P to the whole nail and then a little bit of glitter on top but if you use it like white then ill have a go! i just found it wierd when i was buffing because it was hard to get an even glitter coverage on every nail, and get them the same. But i was doing my own nails which doesnt help!

im guessing they need thinning down?
yep you what to thin them out - get the contact area nice and small and thin that tip out...

you want to put glitter then clear or just glitter and a coat of finishing gloss if you use Brisa this really makes them shine.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

ttfn Lou x

looby4444 said:
i thought i had to apply clear L&P to the whole nail and then a little bit of glitter on top but if you use it like white then ill have a go! i just found it wierd when i was buffing because it was hard to get an even glitter coverage on every nail, and get them the same. But i was doing my own nails which doesnt help!

Hi Hun,

I have just given myself a set of VERY SPARKLY gold tips using the metro powders. I did just as you said above (this is what is says in the instuctions) A thin layer of clear followed by a thin layer of Metro powder. I didn't add another top coat of clear, the glitters in the Metro pewders are so fine that you don't need to. I too have noticed that here are a few darker spots where the coverage is thicker so as you said maybe try and keep it thinner.

Good luck Sweetie, lets us know how your next set go.

There is a pic of my sparklers in the gallery if you want a look!

thank you!
when you have done them do you have to use an abrasive to smooth out?
like u do on p & w's?

looby4444 said:
thank you!
when you have done them do you have to use an abrasive to smooth out?
like u do on p & w's?

Yes, exactly the same, and then bring to a shine with the girlfriend.

Good Luck :hug:

Do you use a different brush when using glitters? I'm finding bits of glitter sticking in my brush and re appearing later!!

I have been using the same brush, just making sure that I clean it thoroughly in clean monomer afterwards and wipe on clean tissue, keep repeating until when I wipe on the tissue the liquid coming off is clear (hope that makes sense:o )

rjryan said:
I have been using the same brush, just making sure that I clean it thoroughly in clean monomer afterwards and wipe on clean tissue, keep repeating until when I wipe on the tissue the liquid coming off is clear (hope that makes sense:o )

Thanks, maybe I'm not cleaning enough:sad: will bear it in mind!

Suzie.e said:
Thanks, maybe I'm not cleaning enough:sad: will bear it in mind!

Oh No! I feel bad now for making you have a :sad: face :hug:

rjryan said:
Oh No! I feel bad now for making you have a :sad: face :hug:

Don't lol, i'd rather learn from my mistakes - and believe me there are many!

Latest posts

Back