Micro ring hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuticleSilk

Reaction score
Hi can anyone please tell me the placement for a full head of micro ring hair extensions. How many rows should there be and how far up on head do they go.

If you don't know your placement I'm assuming you haven't done a course? I would really recommend doing one. I did some experimenting on friends with rings to see if I would like it then did my training to add to my other methods and the difference is immeasurable. If you have done one then apologies for the assumption!

Ive done one a few years ago but my brain is like a sieve im just trying to refresh my mind as to how far up on head they go.

It doesn't say on your profile about your have done an extension course

It depends on the head size and thickness of the hair to how many rows u do etc

If they are too high they will be easy seen. Best watching done tutorials or doing a refresh course xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1487628332.317704.jpg

Nice work. I'm a beauty therapist but trained in micro rings few years back I did a few friends but never kept it up.. are hair extensions still popular are you busy? Who did you train with if you don't mind me asking. xx

Maybe practise on a dummy head and do another course

Vanilla I'm fully booked Monday to Friday usually about 4 to 6 weeks in advance it's more popular than ever! I did my locks training with angel locks in Kent. Their conversion course was pretty good value still do mainly fusion bonds though. Not prebonded x

Nice work. I'm a beauty therapist but trained in micro rings few years back I did a few friends but never kept it up.. are hair extensions still popular are you busy? Who did you train with if you don't mind me asking. xx

For me, I've been pretty much fully busy for over a year. I do around 6 new heads each week and the rest of the time is filled up with returning customers for maintenance. But it really does help to have decent hair....and of course knowledge and experience on fitting.

Definitely agree go for quality every time and your clients will stay with u, u might want to try using the mini locks ( copper tubes) instead of the micro rings? Same method but they sit flatter and neater I think. Also matching the correct ring colour to the root colour very important [emoji106]

Hi,
I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread but seems to be a good place to ask.
When I'm creating highlighted extensions I was always taught to do one grow of dark followed by one row of light and continue. However I see some people do all in the same row bind by bond for exaple same row but a blonde next to a dark etc.

What's the correct way and what's the difference

Thanks

Hi Micheal I think I just replied to this question on the other thread hope it's helpful!

For me, I've been pretty much fully busy for over a year. I do around 6 new heads each week and the rest of the time is filled up with returning customers for maintenance. But it really does help to have decent hair....and of course knowledge and experience on fitting.

Just wondering, how long did it take you to be "fully booked" I have a couple of fittings coming up, but to be honest since I qualified in October 16 (apart the course fittings) I have only had 2 actual clients and one of them had her extensions in for about 8 weeks despite me offering to remove/maintain them and has just removed them herself!
I have qualifications in hairdressing too, was just hoping the extensions side would pick up a bit more as I've put a lot of money into it.
Where do you both advertise? I know it will be better for me once I build up more photos it's just getting the work to get the pictures :-/ xx

I don't advertise all my work is word of mouth and recommendations but if I were starting out now then social media seems to be the place to be, Facebook and instagram x

I don't advertise all my work is word of mouth and recommendations but if I were starting out now then social media seems to be the place to be, Facebook and instagram x
Thanks for that, I'm on both already but I just seem to get people that are one extreme to the other lol! I get messages saying I'm too cheap so the hair must be crap and then I have others saying I'm too expensive so feeling like I can't win! Just got to keep going I guess xx

Vanilla I'm fully booked Monday to Friday usually about 4 to 6 weeks in advance it's more popular than ever! I did my locks training with angel locks in Kent. Their conversion course was pretty good value still do mainly fusion bonds though. Not prebonded x
Have you any tips to get business through the door? Business is incredibly slow but I've only been doing it since March Xxx

God it's hard to please everyone and demand is much greater these days too! You will find that once u get the ball rolling it will have a knock on effect as people will pass on your number too there's. I think u would rather people say " I paid more for my extensions but it was worth it they are amazing!" Than have them say " they were cheap but didn't last very long and the hair was knotty" it's a tough one and I feel for u as it wasn't as popular way back when I started out so I think I had that advantage. Keep doing what you're doing and when u get those clients give them the best service possible ( including after service) get them to trust u will look after them and they will pass the word on. Good luck!

Thanks Hun :) xx

God it's hard to please everyone and demand is much greater these days too! You will find that once u get the ball rolling it will have a knock on effect as people will pass on your number too there's. I think u would rather people say " I paid more for my extensions but it was worth it they are amazing!" Than have them say " they were cheap but didn't last very long and the hair was knotty" it's a tough one and I feel for u as it wasn't as popular way back when I started out so I think I had that advantage. Keep doing what you're doing and when u get those clients give them the best service possible ( including after service) get them to trust u will look after them and they will pass the word on. Good luck!
what supplier do you use? :)

Latest posts

Back