Microblading eyebrows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
This is the new treatment I've come across. It's a bit like semipermanent make up I believe, it creates beautiful eyebrows that last up to 3 years apparently.
I've never been able to afford to training semipermanent make up and by the machine with an overall cost of around. 5k well this new is less a lot less to train in and tools etc much less.

I'm interested to know if anyone has any more information on this or if you have trained in this?

do you mean embrowdery?? thats what it's called here anyway. I'd love to do it, I've seen great results in person from it. There's a course near me that's €2,200 altogether but I'm not sure the price range for near you.

Is it some form of tattooing like semi permanent makeup?

I've just googled it and it does sound very similar, if not the same as SPMU.

I'm already Spmu trained and adding this to my skills im attending two day course on 20/21 October.

It's using a microblade instead of needles to create hairstrokes. I believe the strokes are finer than with needles but don't ladt as long as they're more superficial.

It's huge in Asia/chine/Russia etc I'll let you know what I think afterwards.

As I say ive been doing Spmu for a few years now so wanting to see how this technique compares

I've just done it, and I love it! When I trained in spmu originally about 15 years ago it was soft tap that was around and the machine trainers kind of looked down on manual as being old fashioned. You can obviously do hair strokes with machine method but my experience with this is that I feel calmer doing this....does that make sense? I originally was attending a brow refresher day with my machine, my model had a few different old pigments and methods in her brows and were beginning to look very blocked and solid...the trainer asked if I would like to try the manual pen to go through with other colours to make them more 3d looking....OMG what a difference!

It seems to be less traumatic on the skin, I have no, or very little bleeding, better colour retention and the clients have no more redness than if they had been waxed and it takes half the time with less than half the treatment cost. You can also buy fully disposable pens (blades in a holder) so should not need an autoclave etc....

I disagree with the 3 years though, 1 year to 18 months.

I trained with The Brow Studio Group, Louise is lovely. It's called Epibrows.

It looks and sounds good but the price for training and machine would put me off.

I've been researching this too as cant afford semi perm make up but know people do semi perm make up are now training in this so it must be the next thing so to speak. Will be keeping an eye on this post. Please let us know how the training is

I'm really interested in this. Don't think anyone in the North East does it or trains it though :(

Oooo this loooks fab, looking into doing this for next year x

Last edited:
Is there anyone in the north east that offers this?

Sent from my SM-C115 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is there anyone in the north east that offers this?

Sent from my SM-C115 using SalonGeek mobile app

I live north east , doing the course in the new year x

I live north east , doing the course in the new year x

Where at hun? Need a model lol. I would be really interested in more info if you wouldn't mind messaging me x

I'm booked in with Karen Betts for smp eyebrows just before Xmas and it's £700 and a 4hr round trip but this sounds like something I'd be interested in more because it doesn't last as long. Wonder if there's a way to find people offering it x

Last edited:
I know Louise has had people from all over attend for training, maybe contact them and they will let you know if there is anyone nearby.

I know Louise has had people from all over attend for training, maybe contact them and they will let you know if there is anyone nearby.

Thank you, is Louise on here? X

After reading this thread I have been finding more out about this technique and it sounds really good. Definitely something I would add to my future training list!

Thank you, is Louise on here? X

No idea lol, but I am having my epibrows done tomorrow so I will let her know of the interest

Latest posts

Back