Microblading help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HP09

Reaction score
hello

I am planning to do the PhiBrows microblading course. I have no beauty qualifications but I really want to start my own business and work for myself. Do you need previous beauty qualifications to practice microblading ? I have emailed my local council but still waiting on a response. Also is setting up a beauty room at home the best option or is renting a room at a salon better? I know it will be hard at the start and I will really need to promote myself. Does anyone have any experiences in this field? I feel so clueless right now but I really want to pursue microblading. Thanks a lot :) any advice would be helpful

Each council is different. Mine demand a licence for any tattoo/microblading/piercing work. They ask to see certificates.

I have done microblading and just got my certificates through. A woman on my course had no beauty qualifications and she was doing microblading, lipliner and eyeliner!
I have the council coming on Wednesday about my licence and i'm so nervous!
I used to work from home but have just started renting a room, otherwise i'd have to put new flooring down!
[emoji5]️

hello

I am planning to do the PhiBrows microblading course. I have no beauty qualifications but I really want to start my own business and work for myself. Do you need previous beauty qualifications to practice microblading ? I have emailed my local council but still waiting on a response. Also is setting up a beauty room at home the best option or is renting a room at a salon better? I know it will be hard at the start and I will really need to promote myself. Does anyone have any experiences in this field? I feel so clueless right now but I really want to pursue microblading. Thanks a lot :) any advice would be helpful
How much is the PhiBrows course by the way? I can't find any pricing anywhere and also I thought you needed a general eyebrow shaping/ Tint/ course similar to HD brows before starting with microblading? Not sure if I'm right x

I have just started phi brow, it's my second microblading course . It was £1400 online. I don't think you need any qualifications to do the course

New laws state that you will need a level 4 diploma/qualification in beauty to be able to perform or get insured for microblading/semi P make up/microdermabrasion and a lot more.you can get fast track level2 then some companies will let you take level4.you will need a license from council as you are dealing with blood born treatment and it is illegal under most councils if you do not have one.you will also need insurance which all the best ones are starting to decline unless you have level 4. Hope that helps!

New laws state that you will need a level 4 diploma/qualification in beauty to be able to perform or get insured for microblading/semi P make up/microdermabrasion and a lot more.you can get fast track level2 then some companies will let you take level4.you will need a license from council as you are dealing with blood born treatment and it is illegal under most councils if you do not have one.you will also need insurance which all the best ones are starting to decline unless you have level 4. Hope that helps!

Can you link to the relevant legislation please as that will be helpful to others. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back