Microdermabrasion Crystal v Diamond + machine help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorraine Dalchow

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I hope I am posting in the right section and some of you may be able to advise me.

I have been self employed for 4 years and am now looking at training in Microdermabrasion. My usual trainer only trains in the Cyrstal method. What are the main differences between Crystal and Diamond please?

She also recommended a machine which costs £3,000!!!! Oh wow! I am a single Mum and cannot possibly afford this kind of money. Do any of you know more reasonably priced Crystal machines? I am assuming if trained in Crystal you cannot buy a Diamond machine and do the same method?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

I’m looking myself as I’m doing the training on it soon. Pmd do a portable microdermabrasion machine. I’m keeping my eyes peeled for a diamond tipped machine that is reasonable

I've used Crystal clear and skin base microdermabrasion. Currently got skin base, we've got it on pay and go and we have been doing lots of treatments so may look at buying it at some point. Crystal clear is quite expensive but a better known brand. I like the skinbase machine more though!

Another for Skinbase on payg ... (I would like to purchase one in the future, but
Can’t justify buying one yet tho)

Skinbase do their own accredited training so you wouldn’t have to do a separate course, (but you do have to sign up for a min of 6months) it really is reasonable tho. I Can’t rate them enough, brilliant company, crystals are within the price too.

Hi ladies

I hope I am posting in the right section and some of you may be able to advise me.

I have been self employed for 4 years and am now looking at training in Microdermabrasion. My usual trainer only trains in the Cyrstal method. What are the main differences between Crystal and Diamond please?

She also recommended a machine which costs £3,000!!!! Oh wow! I am a single Mum and cannot possibly afford this kind of money. Do any of you know more reasonably priced Crystal machines? I am assuming if trained in Crystal you cannot buy a Diamond machine and do the same method?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Hey

Skin base microdermabrasion do a PAYG scheme. I rate their microdermabrasion as a facial. Had really good results and its branded so clients know about it more. The issue was noise from the machine and mess..this may be recitified now though youd have to get skin base in to see the machine in action. Good little starter machine though.

I also did Diamond tip micro and was also very effective. I cant recall the brand as it was included on one of those facial multi function machines. Had 3 facial heads attached to one machine...ultra sound gadet, hot and cold hammer, diamond tip micro.

To be honest i found the diamond tip micro facial procedure to be the same as crystal. All the movements are the same. The only difference was how to use the machine. Some seem to think that it works abit deeper on the skin. Its less messy aswell and less noisey but with this machine no branding so you kinda had to do the advertising yourself. Wasnt hard. The multi functional machines have companies who supply them and promote non invasive treatments ours was no needle mesotherapy. This women came in did a days training and the salon either bought or rented the machine...cant for the life remember the companies name. They wernt too expensive though...i dont think. You would have to look into it. Iv got a print screen of what the machine looks like so i can forward it to you if you want.

I used CACIs orbital micro recently and once again same facial procedure, good results with bits added like a mask, led light therapy...bla bla to jazz up their treatments only major diffference was the hygiene (diposable heads) and how the machine worked. Now caci are super expensive...new machines coming in at like £11,000 and their pay montly was dear..cant comment on the price because the salon i worked bought it new. You also have to attend a 4 day caci course in heartforshire (mind my spelling) london. The only hotel was a Devere...once again even their cheap room was near £300. So yeah nah. They keep emailing me now advertising first 6 months no monthly payments or something..but i found their treatments hard to get people to purchase due to the pricing. All in all nice looking machine, hygienic, good results but expensive if you havnt got a crazy busy salon and also you seem to do alot of the foot work, theres a huge lack in support once you purchase. The only thing they have strong and even that is questionable is their brand no one i knew had heard of them...they have been going over 20years and advertise in magazines..weird

Anyways give me a shout if you need anymore help.

Xx

Latest posts

Back