Mini Manicures/pedicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
I have been working in a not so trendy hair salon for a few months now and business is picking up nicely but I have been trying to think of new ways to bring extra custom in.
The lady who owns the salon is very stuck in her ways, she has been their for 18 years with very little change, and doesn't seem to want change although she allows me to advertise, sandwich board etc.. for which I am grateful.
I have mentioned Hair & Nail parties for kids in the past and she firmly said no.
I have convinced her that her clients while having a colour/perm would love a bit of pampering and have started advertising mini manicures/pedicures for them while their colour/perm is on.
I have my first one on Friday, a mini pedicure and have advertised it as cutting/filing nails, cuticle work, foot massage, clear polish and am only charging £7 as I will only have 30 minutes.
I obviously don't want to have to get the foot spa out as this will take up a lot of time soaking their feet and a lot of them are elderly and I don't want to cause any discomfort with them liting their feet in and out.
What would you suggest?
Does anyone offer the same thing and how do they do it?

Hi Marie,

The only thing that I would suggest is that your pedicure doesn't sound very "mini".

My mini manicure just includes nail shape, cuticle tidy, natural nail high-shine and a nail varnish colour of their choice. How long would you intend to massage their feet ?

I normally only include a foot massage in my mid range and deluxe pedicures. If you start using a foot spa, you are really entering the deluxe pedicure realm and I personally think this would be hassle given your time frame and for £7 you are undercharging.

I would personally keep if very simple and straight forward and not complicate things too much. :biggrin:

HTH's

River

marie111 said:
I have been working in a not so trendy hair salon for a few months now and business is picking up nicely but I have been trying to think of new ways to bring extra custom in.
The lady who owns the salon is very stuck in her ways, she has been their for 18 years with very little change, and doesn't seem to want change although she allows me to advertise, sandwich board etc.. for which I am grateful.
I have mentioned Hair & Nail parties for kids in the past and she firmly said no.
I have convinced her that her clients while having a colour/perm would love a bit of pampering and have started advertising mini manicures/pedicures for them while their colour/perm is on.
I have my first one on Friday, a mini pedicure and have advertised it as cutting/filing nails, cuticle work, foot massage, clear polish and am only charging £7 as I will only have 30 minutes.
I obviously don't want to have to get the foot spa out as this will take up a lot of time soaking their feet and a lot of them are elderly and I don't want to cause any discomfort with them liting their feet in and out.
What would you suggest?
Does anyone offer the same thing and how do they do it?

I would be inclined to agree with river...all you need to do for a Mini Pedicure is a shape, file/buff and polish....it can give them a taste of what you offer but for £7 you shouldn't give yourself too much work to do otherwise you may be pushed for time as you only have 30 mins

Think i have to agree with the others, think a massage is part of a more in depth pedicure so i would just , shape, cuticle work and polish, this should take you half an hour anyway, what you could do is say as a special i am giving you a massage with this but it would normally be part of a blah blah blah pedicure but as you are a special customer we thought you deserved a treat. that way you can back track on what you have been offering and they now they are only getting it as a one off.

I would add either some lotion or (i think it's called cool blue, by cnd) some sort of refreshing antibacterial waterless wash. It would give them a fresh feeling, without having their feet soaked. I use a product like this, especially with my kiddies... because who knows where their hands and feet have been! Most of my clientele bring their kids, and a mini mani or a mini pedi for the baby girls are a great add on to mom's service.

Latest posts

Back