Mini Mist advice please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnypaws

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am still a new geek to this site so sorry for all the questions :eek:

I did my 2nd spray tan last night on a friend and it went very well and my training came back to me (I still need to practise on a few still!!)

My question to all you pro's....I confuse myself with this so I hope this makes sense... My training manual and my Minimist manual say two different things.

When you are holding the Minimist gun and working on areas such as the back, moving in up & down strokes, do you have the 'air cap' set in the vertical position or the horizontal position?? I thought the horizontal position was for 'misting' areas?:irked:

xxxx

Right.... i have just had to grab my gun and look!

I am not sure what you mean by air cap... i have a fan width adjuster and a spray patten adjuster! (both are vertical)

were on the gun is it?

The short answer to that Bunnypaws is YEP, absolutely have your gun set in the vertical position when spraying down the back.

Try adjusting the gun to the horizontal position and spray vertically onto a piece of bed roll and then change it back to a vertical setting and spray vertically again, you will then see the difference.

i was taught to set it at a "20 to 2" position like on a clock as you get a better spray apparantly

Hi all,

thank you for your advice, I am going to test it on some paper. I fear I had the 'misting' setting on! xxx

Right.... i have just had to grab my gun and look!

I am not sure what you mean by air cap... i have a fan width adjuster and a spray patten adjuster! (both are vertical)

were on the gun is it?

Hi, it's at the front of the gun but I think I had it set on the misting setting as it was horizontal. Silly me!! xx

i was taught to set it at a "20 to 2" position like on a clock as you get a better spray apparantly

I find this the best postion too. Certainly easiest for any beginners out there as they don''t have to go changing it mid-tan

Although once you know your machine a bit more, you can experiment a bit more.

Thanks so much, I will try the 20 to 2 position.

xx

I wasnt taught an of this on my training on tuesday the other day i dont think,whats the misting setting for and why do you need to change it for the back, im confused, im just waiting on my machine to come though. x

Last edited:
I wasnt taught an of this on my training on tuesday the other day i dont think,whats the misting setting for and why do you need to change it for the back, im confused, im just waiting on my machine to come though. x

Hi. Sorry to confuse...I think I confused myself. At the front of the hand gun where the needle is, you can move the silver nozzle so it's horizontal or vertical. I was told in the horizontal position its more of a mist and this is ideal for the knee area and feet. However....it's best to go with what you were taught as I don't want to confuse :eek:

When i have looked at my proper it is at 20 to 2, Or 25 to 1.

I haven't moved it since i have had it tho... i just leave it like that!

With the Minimist T100 machine the official line is when you spray down or upwards on the body you have the spray pattern adjuster set to vertical (12.30)

When you spray across any body part such as the sides of the feet or under the bust or smile lines.. you change it to the horizontal setting (9.15)

To mist over the knees or any body part you wish to have less coverage.. you move the gun further away and mist lightly in the direction you should be spraying the with the spray pattern adjuster turned the appropriate direction.

Latest posts

Back