Mink or silk lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexa7

Reaction score
Hi. I have recently qualified as a lash tech and was trained using faux mink lashes.
What are people using the most for classic lash extensions? Mink or Silk? Lady that does mine us using Silk. Is the retention on Mink much better than Silk? Just a bit overwhelmed with all the different brands
Also..is Cashmere harder to apply and what is a good brand for a flat Cashmere lashes?
Thank you in advance X

I've never used silk or cashmere - I use faux Mink (eyelash emporium and lashbase).

My lashes have really good retention. I have one lady who goes 5 weeks between infills so it proves that the lashes do stay on as long as the natural lash is there. I'd say retention is more down to the right glue and technique rather than the actual material of lashes you're using though.

If a brand offers trial lash packs just grab some of those, you can mix brands so you'll be able to use them all up on clients. My personal recommendations are Lashbase and Eyelash Emporium though.

..thsnk you for your response. Wow..5 wks is amazing! Well done xx

I think she needs congratulating for amazing aftercare and having lashes with the longest lifespan!!

I've never used silk or cashmere - I use faux Mink (eyelash emporium and lashbase).

My lashes have really good retention. I have one lady who goes 5 weeks between infills so it proves that the lashes do stay on as long as the natural lash is there. I'd say retention is more down to the right glue and technique rather than the actual material of lashes you're using though.

If a brand offers trial lash packs just grab some of those, you can mix brands so you'll be able to use them all up on clients. My personal recommendations are Lashbase and Eyelash Emporium though.
what glue do you use?

Latest posts

Back