Mirrored nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Em25

Reaction score
image.jpg
Hi can any one help I ordered some coloured mirror powders from the colour shack online, I'm having some trouble getting them to Mirror even tho I'm following the instructions given by the company also watched many differant you tube videos there seem to be lots of ways to do these nails some are saying put it on top of the colour and others on top of the top coat if it's no wipe, has anyone else had any problems or suggestions to get them to mirror. TIA

Mirror powder is such a new technology that a lot of the results are inconsistent. I'm going to try achieving the look with foils because they don't dull under a top coat.

I usually find products from the colour shack to be excellent. I just think that the mirror powder itself is a bit hit and miss.

Thank you I tried a different method with this one and got a slightly better result will just have to keep trying
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1470487488.147168.jpg

It needs to be used over the non-wipe top coat, it wont work over the colour coats.
If you don't have non-wipe top coat some people have been using a completely dry lint free pad but I haven't tried this.
You need to use an eye shadow applicator to really scrub the pigment into the nail as well, then you can gently brush over to remove any excess.

This is some of my chrome swatches...
imageuploadedbysalongeek1469739648-768373-jpg.199461

This might help!

I have tried 3 different non wipe top coats today but it just comes up dull and loses a the mirror effect?? Aarrgghh any ideas anyone please? X

I have tried 3 different non wipe top coats today but it just comes up dull and loses a the mirror effect?? Aarrgghh any ideas anyone please? X

Can you go through your method step by step and I'll see if anything you're doing could be effecting them X

Thanks for your suggestions I've taking a couple of days holidays this week but will be having another go once I'm back to work [emoji2] X

Someone on here suggested floating the topcoat on rather than allowing the brush to actually touch the nail if you know what I mean? Never tried it myself but worth a try.

It needs to be used over the non-wipe top coat, it wont work over the colour coats.
If you don't have non-wipe top coat some people have been using a completely dry lint free pad but I haven't tried this.
You need to use an eye shadow applicator to really scrub the pigment into the nail as well, then you can gently brush over to remove any excess.

This is some of my chrome swatches...
imageuploadedbysalongeek1469739648-768373-jpg.199461
Hi, these are great! Could you tell me where you are getting your powder from and what make they are please. I've been looking but there seem to be so many on the market! TIA

Omg I bought all different types of mirror powder, some from eBay and one from America cost me $38!
It looks great until I add the top coat. Is it impossible to use with shellac?? Do I need to buy new gel polishes? I'm so unfamiliar with other gels. The instructions said shellac is too sticky and to wipe off the excess, well that didn't work. It's ok but could be so much better. Has anyone had success with shellac? Love the video btw.

Sarah R also suggested rubbing it with a make up sponge, instead of a eye shadow applicator. seems to work better but i haven't tried it yet

Latest posts

Back