Missing clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenly

Reaction score
I'd like some help with this please, not quite sure how to handle this situation.:confused:
I've been servicing 2 clients for about 4 months, they're friends, they're always very happy when they leave the salon, come back after 2-3 weeks with very few breakages and I rebalance their nails. They would normally have come in a week ago, I haven't heard from them yet though. I'm a bit worried that I may have lost them. We always have a good chat and a laugh when they come in, they receive a good service and my prices are competitive. I'm not sure what to do :irked:
I've got their mobile numbers, they normally text me to re-book. Should I text them to find out if they're coming back?

why not phone them, better than a text as it's more personal.
ask them if everything was alright with the last treatment you provided and take it from there.
there could be a perfectly simple explanation but until you know if there is a problem you won't feel happy about it and you'll end up blaming yourself.
hth
xxx

I have a lovely client who relayed a story to me about how she truly forgot an appointment (She is very forgetful and I have to text her the day before her appointment to remind her!), but she was so embarrassed about it that she felt she couldn't phone up to rebook, so maybe this is what has happened.

I would phone her like Sandi says, could be that they couldn't afford it and didn't want to say. At Least they will be more likely to come back to you in the future if they know it's okay with you, and if they do you could just politely say that you really would appreciate a cancellation call so you could offer their appointment to your waiting list.

hello

I have a client who only lives round the back of me and i have infilled her nails about three times (who were put on by one of those NSS!). Well the last time she came she asked if i took cheques and i told her not to worry but to pop the money in to me in the next couple of days or so. Well that was over weeks ago and i have not heard from her since. I can not believe that she has not paid me or contacted me either. I suppose i will just put it down to experience and will def except a cheque next time it is offered!!!

Going back to yours i would def give them a courtesy call to ask them if they wanted an appointment this week, its just that you have only got a couple of spaces left and didnt want them to leave it too long for their infills!!

susie said:
hello

I have a client who only lives round the back of me and i have infilled her nails about three times (who were put on by one of those NSS!). Well the last time she came she asked if i took cheques and i told her not to worry but to pop the money in to me in the next couple of days or so. Well that was over weeks ago and i have not heard from her since. I can not believe that she has not paid me or contacted me either. I suppose i will just put it down to experience and will def except a cheque next time it is offered!!!

Going back to yours i would def give them a courtesy call to ask them if they wanted an appointment this week, its just that you have only got a couple of spaces left and didnt want them to leave it too long for their infills!!

Susie - get round there and ask for your money! Don't let her get away with it!! Just remember, if you're feeling embarrassed and you're in the right, she's going to be feel more embarrassed because she's in the wrong!

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain - your money and some control back are two good starters.

Go on........ and let us know how you get on :hug:

susie said:
hello

Susie, i would get in contact with her, i too had someone who i re-balanced and she didnt have any change and unfortunately at the time neither did i, she said she would pop the money in and 4 weeks later i never received it, i put a thread on here and was encouraged to chase it and thats what i did then the other week there was an envelope in my door with the money from her, so do persevere.

I also have a lovely client that was a nail biter we worked really hard to get her nails to a 'reasonable' condition and then i didnt hear from her for about 4 weeks i was too really panicking thinking i had lost her and was contemplating ringing her but felt a bit awkward. Then i heard from her last week and she had been really ill but wants to re-book. So i would definately suggest getting in contact with them just to find out and it will lay your mind to rest as it was driving me mad thinking that she was unhappy and had gone somewhere else x x

hi ya

I dont think that i am brave enough to do that. What if i go round there and she tells me shes not paying cause she thought thay were rubbish and they all fell off, then i am going to be really up set. I'm just going to put it down to experience and never trust anyone no matter how nice and friendly they seem.

The thing with her is because she used to go to these NSS where you only have to have infills once a month or so she assumed that it would be the same me. I did try explaining to her about the MMA thing but i dont think people believe you and that you are just making excuses for them to come back more often. Anyway i am bound to bump into her soon and i will say something then.

susie said:
hi ya

I dont think that i am brave enough to do that. What if i go round there and she tells me shes not paying cause she thought thay were rubbish and they all fell off, then i am going to be really up set. I'm just going to put it down to experience and never trust anyone no matter how nice and friendly they seem.

The thing with her is because she used to go to these NSS where you only have to have infills once a month or so she assumed that it would be the same me. I did try explaining to her about the MMA thing but i dont think people believe you and that you are just making excuses for them to come back more often. Anyway i am bound to bump into her soon and i will say something then.

You could just give her a ring, thats what i did, i was too scared to go round there also lol!

Hun if she's anything like me she keeps forgetting. I have had an envelope from my window cleaners for nearly two weeks now :smack: and I keep forgetting to write the cheque and post it, and then when I do see it I think "I'm too busy now so I'll do it later". So just off to go and do it NOW ... :o

PS Felt really bad, so I've paid for next months too!

it does knock your confidence when people dont come back doesnt it!!

I had a lovely girl come to me over Christmas i did a bril job - so i thought he he!! - she came back for infils twice - but i havent seen her since!!

I was thinking of sending out a promotional flyer with a £5 discount off next treatment booked to see if tha will 'lure' her back !!!!!!!!!!!!

amb x

Heavenly - I'd defo give these customers a call, don't see no harm in it at all. Just say you are calling to see how they are as you haven't heard anything from them, to start the conversation off....

Non Payment - don't know how people can live with themselves not paying up for a service. They won't do this in a salon! I'd defo pop a note in the person's door with my name and tel number on it, saying that am still waiting ....

i have (or should i say had!) an 18 year old client (lives in my village) who, without fail, every time would say 'sorry, haven't got to the bank yet...will drop it off later'. It invariably ended up with her not dropping it off but paying me the following appointment and then not all of it as it had added up and mounted up etC etc...in the end i sent her a very nice text two days before her next appointment gently reminding her she owe'd whatever it was from previous appointments plus the cost of her forthcoming appointment. She paid up but took huge offense and i don't do her nails anymore! Wonder if my mortgage provider would mind if i told him i haven't managed to get to the bank but would square up later... - me thinks not!

Latest posts

Back