Missing clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannamobile

Reaction score
Hi i have about 3 clients that are missing, well they haven't booked in since b4 xmas. what do you guys do, sadly i dint take email address but i'm friends with them on face book and i know where they live, im thinking of sending them a card 'i haven't seen you in a while' type thing and offer 10% off next appointment. does anyone else do this? does it work? any other suggestions?

You could post a 'We miss you..' type card with offer for revisit but I'd only do this once. If you don't get a response then I'd leave it.

I'd leave it at least six months before assuming a client has gone awol.
I have a lady coming in next week who last visited a year ago!
Around January February clients are often feeling a bit poor but other reasons could be that they've been ill , bereaved , new job, moved house etc
They will be in contact when they are ready.

Personally I only send out 'come back vouchers' if they haven't been in two years.

I've had the same thing and I actually looked through my old diary and a few of their record cards and noticed that it's a bit of a pattern…they are fair weather clients! The last time I saw most of them was around Xmas and then last year and the year before, they didn't come back until around April or May. I wouldn't worry too much. I also had a lady last week that I hadn't seen since 2014!! I asked how long it was since her last pedicure and she said "whenever you last did it.." so some people just come in for a holiday or occasion etc?? I have in the past sent out vouchers or a personalised discount card so that they know they are appreciated and also as a reminder that I am still here (because most of the time they been meaning to book in for weeks!) and I have found that it works, so its worth a try. If you don't get a response, I would leave it for a while and hope to see them again in the summer!!

Hello Hanna! I think a direct approach works the best. Why not drop them a line and ask how things are going. Just get the conversation started. Let them know you miss them and see how they respond. When they respond, you can take it from there based upon what they say.

If they don't respond, then you can wait a short while and offer a final follow up similar to this:

I just wanted to touch base again to be sure there isn't an issue with my service that you may be a bit reluctant to bring up with me. I really want to make sure you are happy. If you're not, I want do to do what ever I can to serve you the best. Don't be shy to let me know if there's some way I can can improve your experience with me.

Discounts rarely work in my opinion. If money or price was the issue, then 10% won't make a difference. If they were unhappy with your service (warranted or not) a solution is what will bring them back.

Good luck and good for you caring about your clients satisfaction.

I'd message once then leave it at that. I wouldn't be direct and personal but as previously said, give an offer.
As a client I'd be put off if someone kept contacting me. Seems a bit desperate...

I would not worry too much. If they haven't shown up in 7 months, send them a card saying that you miss them and would love them to come back. Then if they do not come back within a month, leave it alone. Do not bug them, just a simple and quick reminder that you remember them and still want their business. Do not ask them what you did wrong and that you will change, some people get annoyed by this. Make the card creative and unique.
They might show up 1 maybe 2 years down the road as some will.

Last edited:
If they were regulars I'd possibly send a 'generic text '.. if they have only been once or twice & you act overly personal I think I'd find it a bit desperate.

I would never assume that clients will forever come to me and they may be embarrassed to say they've gone elsewhere...

Agree with one of the comments above, I find this time of the year a lot of clients come out of the woodwork after not being in since xmas, I like the idea of a card with 10% off. I find the nicer weather tends to bring people out

Hi i have about 3 clients that are missing, well they haven't booked in since b4 xmas. what do you guys do, sadly i dint take email address but i'm friends with them on face book and i know where they live, im thinking of sending them a card 'i haven't seen you in a while' type thing and offer 10% off next appointment. does anyone else do this? does it work? any other suggestions?
So… I sent out an email, text and Facebook message to all of my "missing regulars" this week basically just saying "hi everybody, just to let everyone know that I am having the weekend off for Easter, but I still have a few spaces available this weekend and early next week, so book now to avoid disappointment blah blah…" (obvious worded better than that!!) and I have had a massive response and have basically filled my time before the break and got the regulars back into the habit. Most of them said "oh thank you, i've been meaning to call you for months…" So all I have to do now is make sure that they rebook when they are here next & fingers crossed we're back on track! How are you getting on Hannah? Have you heard from any more of your clients yet?

Latest posts

Back