Mixing acrylic powder with a different liquid?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hiya!em this is my first post on here so hopefully I putting it in the right place ^.^ if not sorry..anyway I do my nails at home for just me and occasionally for my mum or best friend,I'm 16 and haven't had training(I know I know it's bad but I'm saving up for it ) I bought one of those kits from eBay and you can't really buy thing things deprecate and I've fun out if the clear powder,I was wondering if I could get "the edge" clear powder and use it with the liquid and other powders I already have? These are some of the nails I already did if you were wondering ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374513936.686793.jpg

Haha sorry **separate *run

*face palm*

This forum is for professionals. Acrylic is for trained professions and you arent trained so you shouldnt be using it.
We cant give you any advice but to go to college and train like alot of other people on here have for many years.

*face palm*

This forum is for professionals. Acrylic is for trained professions and you arent trained so you shouldnt be using it.
We cant give you any advice but to go to college and train like alot of other people on here have for many years.

Yes, im aware of that,I'm just asking if it will still work, I not going to sue you if I mess up my nails,If I do it's my own fault

Im not giving you any information on what products you should and shouldnt be using because your not trained.
If you were properly trained you would know the answer, so gladly come back to SG once your in training.

What I can advice is to go to college do your Level 1,2,3 in Beauty Therapy and train with the best people around... CND!

http://www.sweetsquared.com/Education

Because I can afford to do that. Ehh ahh well thanks for your help..kinda

Different brands of monomer and polymer should not be mixed - their reaction to each other will not have been tested and confirmed to be safe, it could result in you or someone else getting an allergic reaction to the combination and especially as you haven't yet done your training you are more likely to get the product on the skin. Also you can't guarantee the product will cure properly which means the nails may be more likely to lift and break.

Best thing you can do is keep saving for your course, choose a really good course (research that on here!) and then choose good quality products. You don't want to be picking up bad habits in the meantime :) Good luck!

Different brands of monomer and polymer should not be mixed - their reaction to each other will not have been tested and confirmed to be safe, it could result in you or someone else getting an allergic reaction to the combination and especially as you haven't yet done your training you are more likely to get the product on the skin. Also you can't guarantee the product will cure properly which means the nails may be more likely to lift and break.

Best thing you can do is keep saving for your course, choose a really good course (research that on here!) and then choose good quality products. You don't want to be picking up bad habits in the meantime :) Good luck!

Ahh okay thankyou :) so stick to all the same products then :) thankyou for the help and information :) and hah yeah that's true about the habit thing :)

Hi lottie, its great your so enthusiastic at 16, have you looked at courses locally, perhaps an apprenticeship?

Im not a nail geek (thinking about it thou & reading up) thou 1 of the messages you'll find on here is not to mix systems, you dont know if they'll work correctly.

Spend some time reading the pinned threads, the nail board and all new posts in general, chat in chitchat and thumbs up posts and pictures you like & appreciate, you 'll find so much info here and everyone is very helpful perhaps just dont get ahead of youself :)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi lottie, its great your so enthusiastic at 16, have you looked at courses locally, perhaps an apprenticeship?

Im not a nail geek (thinking about it thou & reading up) thou 1 of the messages you'll find on here is not to mix systems, you dont know if they'll work correctly.

Spend some time reading the pinned threads, the nail board and all new posts in general, chat in chitchat and thumbs up posts and pictures you like & appreciate, you 'll find so much info here and everyone is very helpful perhaps just dont get ahead of youself :)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya thankyou :) yeah I've had a look a live in Cyprus so they're quiet pricey,and also in Cyprus they don't really do apprenticeships. And yeah I've been having a little look on here before I joined up :)

How exciting that you want to pursue a career in nails.

Im not going to lecture you quite yet on the fact that our chemicals are highly dangerous in the wrong hands, or that you shouldnt be using them without training; im sure you already appreciate that. And im quite sure that it wouldnt stop you using them anyway ;) You shouldn't mix brands because of the details given above, so I won't go over that for you again. However, I also want to make sure you know that ebay is not the place to buy pro products - you never know what you're buying. This is dangerous because you could potentially be ending your career before it even begins if you end up taking a reaction, you will never know exactly what is in the products.

While you're waiting for your training, why not approach your local nail salons and see if they need a Saturday girl. You never know where this might lead you.

Never pass up the opportunity to learn from the best of the business - many of whom, we're lucky to have right on this very site! Heed their advice, because they've been exactly where you are now and they know what it takes to succeed. Even if it is not something that you want to hear right now.

Your journey starts with putting a good grounding down with the best training you can afford.

Good luck!

How exciting that you want to pursue a career in nails.

Im not going to lecture you quite yet on the fact that our chemicals are highly dangerous in the wrong hands, or that you shouldnt be using them without training; im sure you already appreciate that. And im quite sure that it wouldnt stop you using them anyway ;) You shouldn't mix brands because of the details given above, so I won't go over that for you again. However, I also want to make sure you know that ebay is not the place to buy pro products - you never know what you're buying. This is dangerous because you could potentially be ending your career before it even begins if you end up taking a reaction, you will never know exactly what is in the products.

While you're waiting for your training, why not approach your local nail salons and see if they need a Saturday girl. You never know where this might lead you.

Never pass up the opportunity to learn from the best of the business - many of whom, we're lucky to have right on this very site! Heed their advice, because they've been exactly where you are now and they know what it takes to succeed. Even if it is not something that you want to hear right now.

Your journey starts with putting a good grounding down with the best training you can afford.

Good luck!

Hiya hehe thankyou for missing out the lecture ;) oh okay ill remember that , I won't be buying from eBay again hehe. And yeah I have been looking around for Saturday jobs in nail salons and hair salons but everywheres full yano with the financial climate and everything. Thankyou for all your advice I really appreciate it :) thank you giving me information and things without just having ago at me for not being trained :)

just dont underestimate yourself, keep checking in at local nail bars, they'll have a stream of bored, uninterested kids who are taking 'the easy route' for summer jobs, take in business cards & show the management new designs (buy some polish from them while your chatting, they'll take notice of you & remember you), be nice & friendly and it'll be your turn & you can wow them.

I guess you have a massive summer season in cyprus, make sure your available.

just dont underestimate yourself, keep checking in at local nail bars, they'll have a stream of bored, uninterested kids who are taking 'the easy route' for summer jobs, take in business cards & show the management new designs (buy some polish from them while your chatting, they'll take notice of you & remember you), be nice & friendly and it'll be your turn & you can wow them.

I guess you have a massive summer season in cyprus, make sure your available.

Yeah the summer season pretty big :) yeah that's a good idea so maybe do a portfolio ish thing with like a few pictures of designs?

Hi hun , hope your not taking some people's abrupt comments to heart , you shouldn't really be using the products without training but I did and now I'm a successful proffesional. The reason as already stated, that you shouldn't mix products is they won't have been tested correctly and could cause chemical burns etc plus you don't know how they are going to wear/last etc. Best to just stick to the same or get new powder and liquid of the same brand p.s them nails are rather good to say you haven't has training x

Tested together ***

Hi hun , hope your not taking some people's abrupt comments to heart , you shouldn't really be using the products without training but I did and now I'm a successful proffesional. The reason as already stated, that you shouldn't mix products is they won't have been tested correctly and could cause chemical burns etc plus you don't know how they are going to wear/last etc. Best to just stick to the same or get new powder and liquid of the same brand p.s them nails are rather good to say you haven't has training x

Hiya :) hehe thankyou don't worry I don't :p although I much prefer the nice ones ;) yeah okay I think I'm going to her new liquid too then..just seems abit of a waste to my other one but ah we'll better the. Burning myself, and hehe why thankyou :3 x

Found out the brand of my liquid it's "yichen" a Chinese brand

Lottie Hun I wouldn't personally bother with the edge products. I did my nvq 2&3 in beauty and then trained acrylic l &p using the edge products a few years later and I really struggled, I ended up doing conversion with cnd and the products are so much easier to use!
Cheap acrylic dosent work chick and the Chinese stuff is lethal! You won't have nails left to acrylic!!!!
If you genuinely want to train, dont buy anything new yet, save your money and train with cnd, you won't regret it and just remember there is a reason they are 4x the price of most nail courses xxz

The only advice I would give is pop some solar oil on your cuticle area three times a day (as the area looks dry and dehydrated), you can get it from a lot of reputable salons.

Good luck with your training, you appear enthusiastic which is a good start, please stay away from Ebay products and using anything until you have trained.

Michelle x

Latest posts

Back