Mobile beauty agency in London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmk2017

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to this website.

I run a mobile massage agency in London (therapeutic only) which has been fairly successful so far. The only problem is the number of heavy breathers it attracts, but that aside demand is high and it's a good business. Basically we have custom built booking software that allows the therapists to set their own availability and coverage area, in real time, as they choose. Customers then book online, most of our bookings are same day spur of the moment. Because we have a a large team spread out across the city and the therapists work on call, customers can book at just 90 mins notice.

Many of our therapists are also qualified beauticians and I am considering opening a mobile beauty agency as well, under the same model as the mobile massage agency. So basically I would like to build a large team, allow everyone to choose their own hours and coverage area, and market the service to the public. Using our online booking system customers will make bookings, with same day short notice appointments available, and the software will email and text the new booking details to the therapist straight away. I am confident that I can generate plenty of work for the therapists.

Finally, the therapists will be charged around 30% commission on each treatment.

My questions are really as follows:

- Would this be a good system for a therapist to work under? They will have no marketing costs and in theory will have plenty of custom, as well as the freedom to choose when and where they work. Also having the backing and support of an agency.

-Is it practical to work on a mobile basis due to needing to carry equipment etc?

- just how strong is demand and what are the most popular treatments?

I apologise for the length of this post, but I wanted to give as much detail as possible. Any advice or answers to my questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

So it's the same as Treatwell (previously Wahanda) then?

So it's the same as Treatwell (previously Wahanda) then?
No, Treatwell is a directory for other freelancers and businesses, this is an agency with it's own exclusive beauty therapists. The therapists would pay us commission on each of the bookings they get

No, Treatwell is a directory for other freelancers and businesses, this is an agency with it's own exclusive beauty therapists. The therapists would pay us commission on each of the bookings they get
Got ya. Makes sense. So they'd be on your books per say and then a client would book with you and you'd send the appropriate/closest therapist if they're available.

Latest posts

Back