Mobile card reader

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handmaid by Jo

Reaction score
Do any of you use a mobile card reader to take payments? If so, which one have you found to be the best? Or is it easier just sticking with cash transactions?

I have a sum up card reader, was the lowest 'charge' one i could find, on £25 they take just under 50p so not too bad, their card reader is nice and compact and bluetooth syncs to your phone/tablet, can take chip and pin, contactless and also swipe and sign and you then email receipt to the client if they require one :)

Their machine is on offer at the min £29 instead of £59 for the machine, its a one off payment and no monthly fees, if you use a referral link :) http://fbuy.me/gbF8f

Last edited:
Me and the girls in the salon I work in all use iZettle [emoji5]️
The app is really handy has you can make a menu of your treatments and keeps a record of your sales.
Like above there is no monthly fees, just 1%-2.75% of your takings.
Heres a referral link so you can get £10 if you buy an izettle and receive a payment [emoji5]️ https://www.izettle.com/d/Q2N2FZ

Izettle, Ive tried them all and this is by far the best in my opinion

Sum up! Love my little machine x

I have izettle too. Never had an issue using it and customer service is great

Just to throw another into the mix I have PayPal Here and it's brilliant. Reader is great, App is stable and fast, you control the money transfer into your bank account and they take their fee at the time so no bill later.

I have sum up and I love it, it has contactless and the fee is lower than PayPal and my old payleven machine

Salon Services have got an offer on the sum up for £19 in September

How do you get that offer for £19 ??? Thanks x
It's in the catalogue for September, if you wait until 1st September it should be £19 online or in store.

I use izettle and love it just plug it in to my phone or the salon ipad so simple and easy [emoji106]

Just in case anyone else is thinking of getting the Sum Up, I've just picked one up in Salon Services today for £14.50!! Offer ends today though so you'd need to be quick!

Latest posts

Back