Mobile or at home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LC26

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm just about to take the leap and start up my business. I am trained in shellac, pedicures, l&p, lashes and makeup.

The house that we are moving into has a room that would be perfect for
Setting up a little salon in. But I am still torn as to whether I should go mobile. Does anyone have any opinions? Will I still get as much business doing it from home?

Thanks!

Xx

I think from experience you don't wanna go mobile just because you're in other people's homes and it can be quite intimidating and humiliating if you're alone and they have people in the house and they don't like what you've done and refuse to pay or something!

Working from home is very time efficient, you can see more clients in one day and so make more money potentially.
Clients are quite happy to come to your home - keep it professionally set up and parking is a must.

Iv recently given up having my own salon and gone mobile, before I had a salon I worked from my parents home, if I had a choice I would definitely work from home, you have everything to hand and usually set up ready to go for whatever a client may request and you can get a lot more done when situated in one place, the only other thing I would say is be firm on what your working hours are as clients will take advantage otherwise
Best of luck Hun xx

Latest posts

Back