Mobile or rent a chair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen Chisholm

Reaction score
I'm thinking about going mobile or renting a chair, just really scared to take that plunge. Where do I start out? How do I get the clients and advertise? Plesee help ladies!! X

I love being mobile - no overheads. I love working by myself and driving around to different places... and you make your own money. I hated working in salons, so bitchy. Which would you prefer?

I love being mobile - no overheads. I love working by myself and driving around to different places... and you make your own money. I hated working in salons, so bitchy. Which would you prefer?

Yes salon is bitchy!! And I'd prefer to be taking home the money instead of doing all the work for minimum wage! I've only ever worked in a spa or salon so I don't know if to take the big step and be my own boss! Xx

Yes salon is bitchy!! And I'd prefer to be taking home the money instead of doing all the work for minimum wage! I've only ever worked in a spa or salon so I don't know if to take the big step and be my own boss! Xx

The first thing to do is start advertising. The pay for hair and beauty is sometimes below minimum wage... being your own is boss is great because you make your own money, keep your own clients, and if you don't want to treat someone you don't have to... make your own hours fit in with your lifestyle...

Probably best working mobile initially until you build up a decent size clientele otherwise, you could be paying out rent for a chair but not enough clients to fill it.

Latest posts

Back