mobile or rent a room? help/advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle23

Reaction score
hi
i've just qualified with my nvq level 3 and am currently working part time in a salon.
i do a bit of mobile work but i really want to work for myself more, i really want to rent a beauty room somwhere and work that way but alot of people are telling me to go mobile for a while first!
the only thing is i get really fed up of dragging everything down from my room putting it in the car and so on and think it takes up alot of time driving round to everyones house.

shall i take the risk be ambitious and get a beauty room? or i could even rent a room part time and still work in the salon part time and i wouldnt be taking their clients as i live in a completely different area to where i work currently.

what's everyone elses opinions or experiences on this?

I used to work in a salon with plans of one day working for myself. The opportunity arose sooner than I imagined, therefore I am opening 1st July. I have two beauty rooms within a very well established hairdressers. Although I have never gone mobile I think that you should just do what makes you happy. I am fortunate that there is a substantial customer base already there but obviously I need to convince a lot of them to direct their beauty business to myself. Look at all the pros and cons and ultimately do what makes you happy (& sucessful!)

Hope that helps xx

To be honest, if your going to start a business you need to put all your time, energy and resources into it. Dipping a toe in half hearted just doesn't work. Just bear in mind that when you work for yourself you have no backup or second opinion so you have to be really confident and happy with your treatments.

Latest posts

Back