Mobile or Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diddy

Reaction score
Just would like to know your thoughts on being mobile or running a salon?

This is just my opinion,and is not from actuall knowledge of both as i have only been mobile.
But if you are refering to running your own salon or going mobile, i would say it is harder in some ways to be mobile as you dont have a shop front it takes time to get yourself known and work can be irregular and you cant pack as many clients into a day as you have to allow for travel and setting up time.
But mobile is great you can do hours to toally suit you and there are very few over heads. xx

Sorry i just kept it to simple
Ive run my own salon but gave it up when i found out i was having Twins been Mobile for 18 monthsnow, i'm lovin being able to be flexible and spend time with my son's but soon they will start pre school, and doing all kinds of hours evenings a lot, i'm thinking would working in salon with set hours be better????:rolleyes:

I started off mobile and found i got next to no work as it's so difficult to get your name out there with not having a presence. I now have a beauty room within a hair dressers and i find i get more work as people pick up my leaflet from the hair dressers and in general i think if people dont know you they can be funny about letting you in their house and also i had a few people say they always thought they had to tidy up before i came which isn't very nice for clients to think and would make them prefere to come to a salon. Why not see if you can rent a room in a hairdressers on a percentage rate basis (like giving 20% of your earnings to the hairdresser you make in the room) but also do mobile and decide yourself which is better for you

Thankyou to you both for your help, that might be a good idea maybe to rent a table in a salon as it does bring in more clients, Thanks again xx:)

Latest posts

Back