Mobile respect!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
this has probably bee posted a hundred times, but i have to have respect for people that are mobile. I had someone this morning a family members neighbour desperate for her nails done for a wedding. My mum dropped me off at 9.00am and it was quite horrible. I took my table with me but i found myself sitting in a foot rest with the lady on the setee. It was awful and the table is a little wide. So i plucked up my courage and asked if she had a an ironing board. We got that out, then came the state of her nails, i thought my friends badly bitten nails were bad, but hers were worse skin hanging around the sides cuticles all over her nail. I got to work then her 3 kiids got out of bed all gathered round to watch plus her two massive dogs jumping around, then to top it off her husband who is slightly deaf starting shouting(not his fault). Then her neighbour was through with her kids! I was sweating, it was like a circus.lol!!

I really tried my best with her nails, but it felt as though it was my first set all over again. I felt like crying. I feel like im crap at this and i am starting on friday renting a table. I dont know if i am good enough. When i am relaxed and comfortable its ok but i feel very unproffesional at the moment, dont know if this renting malarky is going to work out, what do you think?
Sorry, i need a moan.

I'm mobile and I lurrrrrve it!!!!!

Once you get used to it then you can handle anything!

Give the salon a little more time hun! It will take a little bit of time for word to get around so please don't be disheartened!!!!

the difference between renting and doing what you did this morning is you don't get screaming kids/neighbours/hubbys/dogs in the salon... well maybe the kids occasionally but it's not the same... there is a different atmosphere in the salon environment. you wouldn't have them stood over you watching your every move or touching your products etc etc.
you must have felt as if you were taking an exam with all those eyes on you :hug: it isn't easy sometimes... it does get better the more you do and the stronger you get... ie... please can we keep your dogs away as i wouldn't want them to knock any of my products over etc etc, they do get the message eventually and they try to make it a nice experience not only for themselves but also for you.
believe in yourself Zoe, keep your chin up :hug:
xx

thanks girls, i just feel i can do better then when it comes to it it doesnt go to plan. All the skin and ugly bits around her nail, i didnt know what to do with it. Im not really sure on how toimprove this. I only use cuticle remover, will she need something else for this?

zoeCU said:
thanks girls, i just feel i can do better then when it comes to it it doesnt go to plan. All the skin and ugly bits around her nail, i didnt know what to do with it. Im not really sure on how toimprove this. I only use cuticle remover, will she need something else for this?

Solar oil is fab for horrid bitten skin.... I should know, I'm a nail biter. :lol:

I'm mobile, so fully sympathise with you, although I also work from home. Babies crying, kids going through your stuff, customers needing a fag break :rolleyes: , or a wine top-up!! I even had one lady who didn't have an ironing board or table........ I'm no longer offering mobile appointments for new customers, it isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Zoe, dont you dare let this situation get you down. I respect what you did and it sounds you did find under these circumstances. Fact of it is babes, you wouldnt have clients if you werent good enough!!

Give the renting a try, it wont be mad rush in the beginning, but i am a great believer in nothing ventured nothing gained. you will never know if you never try. you will be a hit i am sure.

As long as you do your best, you can't do any more. Remember that, its something my mum told me and i live by it!

sending hugs to you to help you feel better.

XXX

zoeCU said:
this has probably bee posted a hundred times, but i have to have respect for people that are mobile. I had someone this morning a family members neighbour desperate for her nails done for a wedding. My mum dropped me off at 9.00am and it was quite horrible. I took my table with me but i found myself sitting in a foot rest with the lady on the setee. It was awful and the table is a little wide. So i plucked up my courage and asked if she had a an ironing board. We got that out, then came the state of her nails, i thought my friends badly bitten nails were bad, but hers were worse skin hanging around the sides cuticles all over her nail. I got to work then her 3 kiids got out of bed all gathered round to watch plus her two massive dogs jumping around, then to top it off her husband who is slightly deaf starting shouting(not his fault). Then her neighbour was through with her kids! I was sweating, it was like a circus.lol!!

I really tried my best with her nails, but it felt as though it was my first set all over again. I felt like crying. I feel like im crap at this and i am starting on friday renting a table. I dont know if i am good enough. When i am relaxed and comfortable its ok but i feel very unproffesional at the moment, dont know if this renting malarky is going to work out, what do you think?
Sorry, i need a moan.

I am just starting out as mobile and so far i love it.. i get butterflies just before the appointment but once i am there i am in charge.. no fag break or wine top up untill i am at a stage when i can stop and all kids have to sit down and watch tv or go to bed.. I dont think i could work in the same place everyday i think i would get bored .But good luck with your new venture thinking of you

thanks girls, its not that i dont like going to peoples houses, its just that im not comfortable, i would prefer to be in the same place with my own chair and stuff set up and no one else in the way, so ill def give renting a try, but dont know if ill handle complaints well! You know how it is you think you can do it one day then the next you do a bad set then you think your crap, i just need people to tell me im doing a good job, anyway im thinking of doing a one to one, if i can afford it. cheers!

Latest posts

Back