Mobile techs answering the phone!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lfbarnett717

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm about to start out as a mobile nail tech and wondered how you guys go about dealing with phone enquiries?

What is the essential information that you want to get from clients, and what information do you give them e.g. do you mention contraindications? After you've made an appointment do you text/call the client to remind them of it?

Also do you answer the phone if you are with a client, or leave it to go to voicemail?

This sounds really basic but I want to be professional from the outset so want to find out how you all do it!

Thanks xx

I would say no to answering the phone when with a client as I personally think that's very unprofessional, i would leave it to go to voicemail then if you have time call them when you leave. Have a nice voicemail with something like "hello you have reached ...'s voicemail, unfortunately i am unable to come to the phone right now as I am with a client but if you please leave me your name and number I will get back to you as soon as possible, alternatively please feel free to send a text with your enquiry". When the client is enquiring, i think if they had anything majorly wrong with their nails, they'd more than likely mention it. I would assess them on the day of the appointment. I would just ask what they would like doing, on what date and at what time and also where they live. If they live outside your catchment area, i would explain you charge an extra £xx per mile as they are out of the area. Perhaps let them know how much their appointment would be as well. If you don't plan on taking a chair or a table, ask them if they have an area where you could carry out their treatment and if not, you will bring it along (or carry it in your car always, just in case). I think that's all i can think of for the moment. If the appointment was made the day before they want it, i wouldnt remind them, if it was made two weeks before they want it i'd follow up with a phone call the day before to remind them, not text as they may not receive it or lie about getting it ;) hope that helps! and the best of luck xxxx

Thank you so much - the answerphone message is especially helpful! Fingers crossed all goes well and I'll get lots of phone calls. Thanks again! Xxx

Latest posts

Back