Mobile therapist relying heavily on Facebook

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunflowerfi

Reaction score
Hi there
I am a mobile therapist offering predominately massage. I also work part time in a school as my mobile business never earns me quite enough to rely on full time plus in holidays I can't work as I have my kids but working in a school gives me holiday pay.

Anyway for the last 18 months I have done ok simply by sharing offers from my facebook page onto local buy and sell sites on Facebook. I have gained some repeat clients this way too. However I am currently in 'facebook' jail for a month, I think because I was posting too much on buy and sell as I was also using them to sell household items.

Anyway, this has hit it home for me that if facebook were to shut down, start charging or simply close my account, I would really struggle for business.

I have tried putting flyers around in shops and locally but have never had one client from a flyer. The majority have come from Facebook and the odd one or two from Yell.co.uk

I am only a very small business and can't afford advertising but I don't want to just rely on social media.
Has anyone got any ideas? x

I hate Facebook I hope it does shut down. I don't have it anymore thank grape juice !

Now to reply to ur post.
Instagram is brilliant these days I see more younger generation headed towards that.

Also a local thai massage spa in my area exclusively uses whattsapp broadcast adverts and status updates and she says it helps a lot to also avoid unwanted "creepy massage requests" as she can send to all her previous clients.
If you have had a good base then you can send a broadcast or do a pretty advert then send it out. Say pls share with your friends. Refer a friend and get 10% off etc..

All my clients have been through Fb or personal recommendation however they are regular clients.
Are you focusing on rebooking your clients so you don’t have to continually advertise for new business.

Latest posts

Back