Mobile therapy or cabin in the garden-best option?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Masooz

Reaction score
Hi!
I currently offer a mobile service doing mostly nails and waxing. (I do offer lots more treatments) I cover quite a wide area due to having run a beauty room in a city and most of my old regulars living in that area. This has suited me as I have a young family but now I am getting busier, I am finding it really tiring lugging all my stuff about. I also find not being able to control my surroundings (peoples pets sniffing around my beauty stuff amongst other things) I would really love to have my own room. I have considered having a cabin in the garden as think that working from home would be the best, most flexible option. How have people found this-is it more cost effective? Do clients like coming to your house? Any pros or cons would be greatly received. Many Thanks!

I have a cabin in my garden use my side gate for a separate entrance everyone i have had has said they love it

Thank you, sorry for late response! Did you buy a purpose built cabin or did you get someone to build it for you? I am on a budget and wondered how much I can do it for! We currently have a shed which has electricity and this is where the cabin would go so that is a bonus. Do you have running hot and cold water or do you use the house? Did you need a toilet? I have a downstairs toilet in our house. I had heard of people using a large tea urn for hot and cold water. I have been in touch with the local council and they didn't stipulate anything..As long as I am not doing any piercing or electrolysis. I thought this was a bit odd and will investigate further. Any info is so greatly received as I don't want to not think of something really important. I have seen old threads regarding this and still have questions! Thanks again x

Hiya my hubbys in the trade so built it all for me piece by piece added upvc windows in insulated it electric decorating ect i love it best choice I ever made! Never late for work can have a break between clients ect, i dont have water as i pop i to kitchen (make sure i have everything in there before the client arrives) i dont have a loo but my down stairs loo is as soon as you walk through my back door (cabin is opposite my back door) i close over my kitchen door so they see none of my house

I am fairly new to all this and haven't done any mobile. Currently I use my spare room. I have attached a pic. Clients comment that it is cosy and welcoming and they prefer it to a salon. I know many people like salons too, but I guess it is personal preference. I am also looking to have a cabin. You can get cheap ones but think you will compromise on insulation and overall build quality. I am looking at about 10-12k for a cabin. That will include water and electricity hooked up. We already have both electricity and water to the garage which makes this bit a bit cheaper. Also includes flooring. Size is about 4×3m.

Logistically I like having everything set up around me too, especially for waxing. The not being able to control your surroundings has put me off mobile, but I need to try it really to see. Don't fancy dogs sniffing my stuff!!! Rven as a dog lover.

Latest posts

Back