Mood hair colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smuff

Reaction score
Has anyone used mood hair colour. Heard good things so far but seems to good to be true. Reluctant to try them as I have had really bad experiences with cheaper brands. Had a disaster with ION hair colour. No coverage and root glow to put the sun to shame. Xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone used mood hair colour. Heard good things so far but seems to good to be true. Reluctant to try them as I have had really bad experiences with cheaper brands. Had a disaster with ION hair colour. No coverage and root glow to put the sun to shame. Xx

Never heard of mood. Ive used ion and i quite like it x

Last edited by a moderator:
Ion hi lifts are good but find no coverage on grey hair. Xx

Ion hi lifts are good but find no coverage on grey hair. Xx

Ive never used the hilifts lol. I find i het coverage with them u have to learn on for a bit longer xx

Hi,
I have recently bought a Couple of tubes to try, I used the 4/4 on my sister who is naturally ginger and wanted to go darker and richer and it looked great. Also used a 7/3 on a lady with about 80% grey and it covered her hair really well. I made sure I left it on for the full development time and the tone was lovely, not too golden. I'm going to try one of the chocolate range colours on myself next week so ill let you know how I get on. Impressed so far though. I usually use majirel or Infiniti but may add a few mood colours to my kit! 😃 Xx

Hi,
I have recently bought a Couple of tubes to try, I used the 4/4 on my sister who is naturally ginger and wanted to go darker and richer and it looked great. Also used a 7/3 on a lady with about 80% grey and it covered her hair really well. I made sure I left it on for the full development time and the tone was lovely, not too golden. I'm going to try one of the chocolate range colours on myself next week so ill let you know how I get on. Impressed so far though. I usually use majirel or Infiniti but may add a few mood colours to my kit! 😃 Xx

Did any of the people that you used it on have a burning reaction to it. Both myself and on of my employees had burnt scalps from the mood shade 6/00, with 3%.

I really like Ion. I feel the colours mirror Majirel except you get more tint in the tube it's great. I get better grey coverage than when I used Koleston or Majirel.

Sean Collins Hairdressing Glasgow

Hi smuff,
No I didn't have that happen! That doesn't sound good though! I have used the 4chocolate on 6% on myself since my last post and that was fine too! Nice shine, good colour.
I've just ordered a few more shades too so ill see how I go with them.
Did you use the mood developer too? Xx

Hi smuff,
No I didn't have that happen! That doesn't sound good though! I have used the 4chocolate on 6% on myself since my last post and that was fine too! Nice shine, good colour.
I've just ordered a few more shades too so ill see how I go with them.
Did you use the mood developer too? Xx

No my wholesale doesn't stock it yet. But the colour did come out a nice colour.

We use Mood Hair Colour in our salon as main colour range. I've personally been using them for around 5 months. The coverage for base colours is good, especially on grey hair. Not sure if tint is a little darker; 5 appears more like a 4. Not too sure on reds; more testing required in relation to depth/lasting power. Highlifts work fine. They have a nice chocolate range. I love the 901 (Silver) for toning. The product mixes well and there's a noticeable lack of chemical/ammonia smell which is good.

Someone mentioned scalp reaction but I've not observed or heard this from colleagues.

Hope this helps.

Why did u answer a post from so long ago?

Mood is rubbish I think, reds come out copper & highlifts come out yellow, chocolate range fades terrible & nothing I tried covered grey successfully

I've been using mood for a few years now. love it. takes a bit of getting used to. you can download an education manual to help with tones etc. they havea o/o which can be added to help white coverage but it also repairs banding and adds extra lift to h/lift colours. downside is they've just repackaged and taken a lot of the colour range away inc my favs. just ordered the backwash to try and hopefully if it's ok will be ordering the full range . coverage is fine if I was to liken it to anything it would be wella. Take a look at their facebook page colour results are fab

Did any of the people that you used it on have a burning reaction to it. Both myself and on of my employees had burnt scalps from the mood shade 6/00, with 3%.
I have two salons and use mood in both with no problems atall. ( I always test tho) but I have two clients who are not comfortable with the mood , not burning but slight sensitivity. I'm a redhead with sensitive skin and I have no problem .

Ive been using mood since i started up mobile in nov. Had a few problems (8.0 went realy dark and 12.0 almost orange!) So im going to go back to my trusted goldwel. I will have to put my prices up as theres a big price difference

Latest posts

Back