More of the double-dipping debate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberlyn Weston

Reaction score
hi there, I'm a fairly new spa tech and I was hoping to get some opinions from other waxers.

So, I know how terrible double dipping can be, but a client asked a question and I wasn't sure how to answer. If a client has a wax pot that is strictly for them and no other client, is double dipping okay? My instructor when I was in school said it was, but I have found nothing online that would indicate that this is so.

Of course, the idea of having to store hundreds of extra wax pots for each client seems ridiculous, but that's another matter. Is it safe to double dip if the wax pot is dedicated to one client?

In theory, yes it would be. However the issue to think about would be that if you have transferred bacteria back into the pot, would it then 'breed' each time you heat it up? Bacteria grow in warm conditions.
As you say, keeping many pots would be ridiculous so the best way forward would be to just use lots of spatulas, single dip and then dispose. The cost of this would need to be added into the treatment price.

Latest posts

Back