More ways to promote your business

Discussion in 'Business' started by Lynne Baker, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Lynne Baker

Hi chaps!
    I've just spent a couple of hours sending emails to all the local golf clubs, day nurseries and independent schools offering a gift voucher for their Christmas Fayres/Raffles/Draws.
    Given that of the several hundred pounds worth of gift vouchers I have sold only 3 have been redeemed, I decided that it was worth a gamble. It gets my name into even more local venues (I shall drop off a load of flyers when I drop off the gift voucher) and puts me in a good light in the eyes of the local businesses.
    Already I have had one of the clubs ring to take me up on the offer!
    Remember to keep promoting your business during these straitened times!
    :)

2. ~ Fickle Feet ~

What a great idea!

Do you mind me asking how you worded your email? Did you have one standard one which was suitable for each place you emailled?

xx

CONNECT-2-HAIR likes this.
  3. Lynne Baker

This is what I wrote:

Hi there
    Please forgive my contacting you this way!
    I have recently opened a professional beauty salon in Kingsclere. I would like to offer you a Gift Voucher redeemable against any treatment at my salon as a prize, if you are having a Christmas Fayre or Raffle
    If this is acceptable to you perhaps you might contact me on 01xxx xxxxxxx to discuss.
    I have taken the liberty of attaching a link to my website so you can see the range of treatments I offer.
    Many thanks, and best wishes

4. ~ Fickle Feet ~

I had an email from an independant pr person a while back and he started off by saying something similar to your opening line, it got my attention and made me read the whole email...........i hope its a huge success and brings you in lots of new business

xx

5. Lynne Baker

Thank you!
    I was beginning to think that my ideas were falling on deaf ears as nobody replies to my threads.

6. ~ Fickle Feet ~

I think spending a little bit of your quiet time sending a short emails to people is a great way of generating business and getting your name known.....I'm now off to take a look at your other threads to read your fab ideas!

7. shell28

Thats a brillant idea hun think i may give it ago myself xx

CONNECT-2-HAIR likes this.
  8. ank

This is a brilliant idea, i recently gave a voucher for a mini manicure which i charge £9.00 to our local pub to put into a promise auction, they sold it for £18 which i was so chuffed about as all money was going to Air ambulance x I have also been asked to put a voucher in for the Playgroup christmas bingo, hopefully this will also get me some more business:) x

9. Lynne Baker

Here are a couple more things I found out about this morning.

Ladies Who Latte - business networking for ladies (for most of us they're our target audience!) and it's free!

Business Women's Cafe - again, basic membership is free

Hope these help!

aauk1, Sinem, ceecee01 and 8 others like this.
  10. Lynne Baker

Also, check out your local posh hotels without spas and see if they're having Christmas/New Year/charity balls, give them a Gift Voucher which should get your name on the programme too!
    It's children in need on Friday too - another good place to get your name!
    Consider the Soroptomists and the WI too, as places where ladies gather...

11. Shellie xx

What a great idea!! I think I might give it a go myself if you don't mind!? I'm very quiet at the mo which I hate. I'm hoping it's just the time of year and not the credit crunch! I'm doing a promotional evening tonight about a new treatment that we are launching ~ hopefully it will generate a bit more business for us too! xx

Cassandra86 likes this.
  12. gemma0408

Good idea, think i'll have to try that one myself! :lol: xx

13. K's tanning

Another brilliant way to get your name out there without having to spend a fortune. I've been donating free spray tan vouchers to all my local fundraising events. Have so far only had two people redeem them, but hey, it's a start.
    Kat

14. Lynne Baker

I was driving past a local wedding dress shop today and thought "aha!" so I dropped in and had a little chat with the owner (a lovely lady called Michelle). The result? She's taken some of my flyers and I've invited her for a free treatment so she can see what I do, and we're going to work together to provide our brides/prom queens with the whole package.
    Think laterally!

15. shell28

Blimey you are coming up with some great ideas hun ive tryed most of them so thank you xx:hug:

sianyy d likes this.
  16. ClaireWalsh

17. RedAdmiral

Fantastic - I recently had my Breast Cancer fund raiser and it went so well that I cant wait to do another! Client love that you do things like that and its a great talking point.

Ali_d2003 likes this.
  18. Lynne Baker

19. Lynne Baker

20. ~ Fickle Feet ~

WOW!!!! your on fire with your ideas!! xx