More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heya, Carl at Verve is very good, I can't remember the prices, but I am sure he'll comment on here, also BannerPenguin design and host websites. Unfortunately a good, cheap website doesn't exist :( From experience it'll probably cost you the best part of £250-£300 for a design and the website, plus a monthly hosting fee which can range from £5 - £15 a month. Vistaprint are no good...xx

Hi everyone,

I know this thread is really old but I have just started up my mobile beauty business and I wanted to know what is the best way to get a website done?

I don't have a big budget so something really cheap but of good quality would be great.

What do you guys suggest?

I don't know how much you're thinking because everybody's idea of expensive or cheap is different, but i just has my website designed by Banner Penguin and i absolutely love it. It cost around £250.

This is his website

This is my website is you want to check it out. Radiant Beauty

I know some people do it themselves, but i wanted something that looked more professional, considering i'm not very good at that kind of thing. Hope this helps.

P.S. If you do go with Banner Penguin and you mention me - Kayleigh at Radiant Beauty - you will get a few months free on your website hosting x

So today I have put together a wee marketing pack consisting of ; nice card to put it all in, some conditioner sachets, business cards, flyers and 4 vouchers. Made up 2 and one is going to a spa hotel local to me and the other a local care home.
Both are for staff to enjoy. Took the idea from previous poster on this thread. Might have been KHS.
Be interesting to see how many come back!

Thank you guys :)

I will have a look at banner penguin.

I don't know how much you're thinking because everybody's idea of expensive or cheap is different, but i just has my website designed by Banner Penguin and i absolutely love it. It cost around £250.

This is his website

This is my website is you want to check it out. Radiant Beauty

I know some people do it themselves, but i wanted something that looked more professional, considering i'm not very good at that kind of thing. Hope this helps.

P.S. If you do go with Banner Penguin and you mention me - Kayleigh at Radiant Beauty - you will get a few months free on your website hosting x

Oh my god absolutely LOVE your website! Looks so professional!

Hi I'm really struggling at the minute to get my facebook page seen, I've tried posting myself on lots of local buy and sell pages but is there anything else anyone recommends apart from paying facebook x

Fantastic - I recently had my Breast Cancer fund raiser and it went so well that I cant wait to do another! Client love that you do things like that and its a great talking point.
What did you do for your breast cancer fundraiser?

Hi I'm really struggling at the minute to get my facebook page seen, I've tried posting myself on lots of local buy and sell pages but is there anything else anyone recommends apart from paying facebook x

having same issues aswell. i dont have a big friends list, ive always been selective with who i add but ive since been advised that you should have a minimum of 500 on your friends list before you set up a page. also, you will need to be posting stuff on your own acct also, so people will remember who you are on your business page too as they will have liked on so many pages.
so, ive had to start adding people in my locality, making sure i try to reach my target clientele and build up my friends list. also had a nosey at other salons with fb pages in my area to see what they are posting, see how much of a response they get etc. not too many making use of it properly ive noticed. god there is soo much stuff to learn!!!

Hi my Hive salon software does all the above plus lots more iv heard they are launching in the uk soon and their prices are very competitive with lots of features and best of all everybody in your salon will know how to use it as it is so simple to use. Check them out.

Hi Ladies!
Wanted to know what you thought of my marketing idea? *PLEASE DO NOT STEAL MY IDEA IF YOU ARE IN LONDON*

As its BOILING I was thinking about going to a few commons with my sister like clapham/tooting etc and handing out flyers, HOWEVER before I do that I will offer them sun cream in exchange? 'Hi my names Lucy and I am a mobile spray tech in the area and was wondering if I could give you a flyer in exchange for some suncream To promote health safe tanning' Give them a pump or 2 and be on my way?

Yay or Nay?

Hi Jemma, I use facebook to promote my business, and although it pains me to pay for advertising, through facebook you can choose a daily amount to spend and it is so worth it. I had 10 new likes in 2 days and it cost me £3 per day and I ran that over 2 days. I would say give it a try see how you get on. I use it regularly once a month and it works for me xx

Hi Jemma, I use facebook to promote my business, and although it pains me to pay for advertising, through facebook you can choose a daily amount to spend and it is so worth it. I had 10 new likes in 2 days and it cost me £3 per day and I ran that over 2 days. I would say give it a try see how you get on. I use it regularly once a month and it works for me xx
Thanks Jemma
I'll have a look at that x

We have just opened and are now in our second week. We are not in the Town Center.

We were pretty quiet the first week, then we done some deals on Facebook and used the paid advertising to boost the post. We spent around £30 and are really busy this week. It's not just people booking in the deals, they are booking colours and everything. You can target areas, male or female and age groups, it's worked really well for us and the bookings keep on coming.

There will be more as and when I think of them! It's important that we share our knowledge and experiences, I think.
Loving this- thank you for sharing!

Hey All,

I recently got told about a website called 'Streetlife' and it is basically like a forum for your local area where people talk about loads of things from roadworks, to lost cats etc lol.

I posted a thread asking if anyone knew about any local charity events that are happening where I could donate some gift certificates or have a stall and donate 10% of my takings to the charity. I originally got this idea from this thread and it's a great one lol. So far I have had a great response coming in and hopefully I will be able to get some clients out of it.

I just thought I would share anyway.

x

Ooh streetlife might be the one that one of my clients found me through when someone recommended me. She said up my street or something (or so I thought) and I was googling for ages with no luck at all.

Hey All,

I recently got told about a website called 'Streetlife' and it is basically like a forum for your local area where people talk about loads of things from roadworks, to lost cats etc lol.

I posted a thread asking if anyone knew about any local charity events that are happening where I could donate some gift certificates or have a stall and donate 10% of my takings to the charity. I originally got this idea from this thread and it's a great one lol. So far I have had a great response coming in and hopefully I will be able to get some clients out of it.

I just thought I would share anyway.

x
I've just tried streetlife being mobile its really good as you are specifically targeting people close to you. Did you get anything back from it? Xx

01-05-14, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balance Andover
Prom season is coming up so I've fired off an introduction email to dress shops and the PTA's of the local senior schools.

Hi there:
How did you word the email? I know you emailed me a letter you sent to bridal shops a while ago and it was ace. Is there any chance you could forward me a copy of this email please? xx

Is there any chance you could PM me a copy of both letter & emails sent pretty please x[/QUOTE

hi can you please email the letter you sent to the bridal shops as am not good with writing thanks

Latest posts

Back