Moroccan Tan or St Tropez?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spandangle

Reaction score
Trying to choose between the two...really can't decide. I like the retail options for St Tropez there is tons!! However I've heard amazing reviews of Moroccan tan - but there isn't much retail available from beauty express?

Anyone tried them both....views please :)

Moroccan is gorgeous! Our clients love it, it isn't orange at all, hydrates the skin rather than drying it out (providing clients don't leave it on longer than suggested before showering) & wears off very evenly. It lasts well too. I've worked with numerous tanning brands St Tropez & Fake Bake to name a couple but I really do think this is the best. Plus from a sales point of view when St Tropez is available in large retailers both on the highstreet & online where is the incentive to come buy from you?

cocomummy2 I'm going to order some samples now, can you confirm the difference between the collections please. I much prefer a brown tan and are all of the collection express 2 hour tans?

Last edited:
Just my personal view but I hate the heavy floral smell of st tropez I'm also allergic to it brings me out in hives and all my eyes puff up this is only since they changed the formula and introduced the perfumery smell quite a few years ago now I had a few clients that reacted to it too but not as badly as me. I used to love it before that, I now use xen tan and LA and wouldn't go back. Have always been happy with the Xen tan retail too.

I haven't tried any other brand but I use Moroccan tan and love it! I get from sweet squared and they have a fair amount of retail the butter is amazing!

I use & stock St Tropez, it has aroma guard technology that removes 70% of self tan smell - although with the light scent it has I've never noticed any smell anyway, there are many solutions now ; express (1-3 hr), darker, classic & sensitive - clients come to us because we are the only St Tropez trained & certified stockists in our area, They are lots of retail although I do not sell much of the retail - the in shower & facial oil has been the best selling retail lines so far. Although I hate that St Tropez no longer distribute directly to salons they now have Alan howards & Ellisons who have reps for salons - so far I'm not impressed with their lack of customer service this alone is making myself look at other brands for the new year.
I tried Moroccan tan but I didn't like the scent of honey x

Thanks guys :) think it will more than likely be Moroccan. Is it just sweet squared that are stockists?

Thanks guys :) think it will more than likely be Moroccan. Is it just sweet squared that are stockists?
Sweet squared and salon services - possibly beauty express too x

Perfect thankyou lovely :) x

I use St Tropez too. I think it's great x

Just my personal view but I hate the heavy floral smell of st tropez I'm also allergic to it brings me out in hives and all my eyes puff up this is only since they changed the formula and introduced the perfumery smell quite a few years ago now I had a few clients that reacted to it too but not as badly as me. I used to love it before that, I now use xen tan and LA and wouldn't go back. Have always been happy with the Xen tan retail too.

I am also allergic to st tropez!
I have used Xen tan and LA, both of which come out really well.

I am also allergic to st tropez!
I have used Xen tan and LA, both of which come out really well.
Have you tried St Tropez sensitive?

Latest posts

Back