Moroccan Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosyK30

Reaction score
I'm just starting out in spray tanning. Can anyone tel me the difference in Moroccan Nights/dusk/original? I can only really afford 1 bottle at the moment and wondering what's the best one the get? I was thinking the Dusk?

Moroccan nights are violet based and the others are green based. I don't use it but @AshLovesTanning does i think she uses the nights xx

I'm just starting out in spray tanning. Can anyone tel me the difference in Moroccan Nights/dusk/original? I can only really afford 1 bottle at the moment and wondering what's the best one the get? I was thinking the Dusk?

@donnamich thank you doll.

Hi there, the difference is that night ands dusk are both the exotic range and violet based with a development time of 4 hours for dusk and 1 hour for nights.

The original Is all green based and takes 2 hours development.

I personally am addicted to the exotic range. Dusk being my life. You would be best to get a sample pack of the exotic range and try them both out.

Thank you. I'm tempted to buy this or the new Lauren Goodger one Lauren's gold, but I'm not sure xx

Also is the night one really dark? X

Thank you. I'm tempted to buy this or the new Lauren Goodger one Lauren's gold, but I'm not sure xx

Well it's the difference between gold and olive. MT is an olive tan.

Nights is 15% so it's ultra dark.

Last edited:
@AshLovesTanning can i pick your brains :)

I use all Moroccan Tan originals but have only recently brought in the Exotic collection. The 15% (cant remember which is which without looking!) is going down a treat but I am aprehensive about the 11%... ive only been using these on already dark skinned clients...

Can the Exotic collection be used on pale skin/ never seen the sun skin? I know they will be dark but would they look daft? Im asked more & more for a dark tan as my regulars are used to the 14% now & want to step it up a bit

Thanks o wise one :D xx

@AshLovesTanning thats a fab explanation thank you!

I had it in my head that the Exotic was for already dark toned skin only, so knowing it works on pale lasses is great. My regulars are getting braver & braver now the suns out & want to go darker than the usual 14% original so ill take a leap of faith & give it a go.

I blooming love MT! If the Exotic works out it will make life even easier :D

Thanks again poppet xx

@AshLovesTanning thats a fab explanation thank you!

I had it in my head that the Exotic was for already dark toned skin only, so knowing it works on pale lasses is great. My regulars are getting braver & braver now the suns out & want to go darker than the usual 14% original so ill take a leap of faith & give it a go.

I blooming love MT! If the Exotic works out it will make life even easier :D

Thanks again poppet xx

I know! I had gold tan and forever I was using whitetobrown which is so gold, I used 10% and it wasn't dark enough but 12% was way too dark and made me look orange. So for ages I was frustrated trying to find a tan at 11% but with a beautiful olive result. And I was so happy that I found a beautiful tan that had the exact shade I was looking for. I literally don't know of any brand that has 11%, they have either 10 or 12% and it was awful...

I can't wait to hear how you love the 15% on your clients. Please let me know.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves MT, everyone is always going on about Fakebake and Crazy Angel... they have to be the most common tan on Ireland and England.

Last edited:
That's why I want to offer something different, Moroccan tan sounds really nice. X

That's why I want to offer something different, Moroccan tan sounds really nice. X
The best thing to do is buy the exotic collection sample pack!

I'm extremely fair and used Nights earlier this evening.
I kept it on for an hour and 20 mins and rinsed it off at 7:15pm. No change in colour at all yet so I'm hoping it's much darker tomorrow.
Other fast tans I've used usually have a change of colour when you rinse.

I have wanted to try Moroccan Tan for a while now. Have been in touch with Sweet Squared to set up an account and finally order.. no luck!! No reply to several emails, the website chat was not working.. disappointed! Its a shame.. Maybe one day, with another supplier!

I have wanted to try Moroccan Tan for a while now. Have been in touch with Sweet Squared to set up an account and finally order.. no luck!! No reply to several emails, the website chat was not working.. disappointed! Its a shame.. Maybe one day, with another supplier!
Ive just emailed [email protected] they opened me an account straight away within avout 10 mins xx

I'm extremely fair and used Nights earlier this evening.
I kept it on for an hour and 20 mins and rinsed it off at 7:15pm. No change in colour at all yet so I'm hoping it's much darker tomorrow.
Other fast tans I've used usually have a change of colour when you rinse.

Did it get darker in the end? I've got trial samples of Nights and Dusk that I haven't tried yet.

Did it get darker in the end? I've got trial samples of Nights and Dusk that I haven't tried yet.
No not at all. The only time I've tanned with them is by leaving them on for much longer.

No not at all. The only time I've tanned with them is by leaving them on for much longer.

I must admit an hour doesn't seem long enough. I always leave the fast tans on longer than they say as well.

Latest posts

Back