Mrs Geek

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Hi Samantha, I have just got my copy of PN and saw that Designer Nails had bought out a booklet with shots of nails from the Fashion Weeks which is showing us 2005 collections I believe. In the article it mentions that the nails in NY and Milan were more lively than in London. ( This is not the quote but the best way I could think to put it). Why do you think that was, did it have something to do with the style of clothing and colour or are we the English more reserved than other countrys and where do you see nails going in the fashion industry in 2005.
Love D.x

Just bumping this back up

Jaydee said:
Hi Samantha, I have just got my copy of PN and saw that Designer Nails had bought out a booklet with shots of nails from the Fashion Weeks which is showing us 2005 collections I believe. In the article it mentions that the nails in NY and Milan were more lively than in London. ( This is not the quote but the best way I could think to put it). Why do you think that was, did it have something to do with the style of clothing and colour or are we the English more reserved than other countrys and where do you see nails going in the fashion industry in 2005.
Love D.x
Glad you did - I may have missed it :hug: ! I actually quoted this Dee because London Designers are often dictated to by their stylists and the make-up artists (which is often a good thing). However, if the make-up artist doesn't want anything 'different' or shall we say possibly something that 'may' take away the limelight from the make-up then they put their feet/foot down:eek:

New York LOVES having the nail team and the models expect them to be there doing their job just like hair and make-up! Last year we had a situation where the designer wanted Hotsky but the makeup artist wanted pale pink! Hotsky was PERFECT but she won!! It's just politics (as always) and a pain! But we'll keep plugging and have already various things lined up for February!

So that's why I said New York is rocking, Milan was in awe and London is in denial - it's how it feels and LFW was quite sobre last September!

As far as 2005 is concerned, I can tell you more next week!!!! BTW you owe me an address:eek: :hug:

Latest posts

Back