Mud body mask

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
does anyone do a mud mask as a treatment?

Ooh yes Ann,

Without sounding like a broken record, Algologie do a really fab clay body mud wrap. I use this with a marine sediment exfoliant and the results are amazing - the skin is left sooo soft afterwards.

I have other Alg. products as well to make up other scrummy treatments :)

Sarah,
whats your treatment protocol? Do you get them shower?
Do you wrap them in plastic sheet then foil?

I have used black mud on myself and it said that it is best to let it air dry on your body.

Well, it depends on which particular tmt we do, but as a rough guide for a detox mud wrap, we would:
1) scrub/exfoliate with marine sediments
2) apply clay mud wrap
3) wrap in plastic sheet
4) do scalp massage
5) remove mud with mitts
6) apply body lotion
7) client oohs & aahs at how soft her skin is :)

I guess though that different products have different protocols

hth :hug:

Thanks Sarah.

I know the marine sediments that you are talking about as I had the Algologie rep out. Do you mix that with the marine water or some of the oil formula?

Would it not be easier to shower the mud off? Would the mud not be very messy to mitt off?

Do you apply the mud to the scalp? The product that I have can be used as a mud mask, so think that the shower would be best option for those that want the scalp doing, but perhaps the mitt method for those that don't .

How do you remove the marine sediment before adding the mud?

do you use hands or a paintbrush?

Do you heat the mud up?

Ooh, all these questions Ann, :lol:

Thanks Sarah.

I know the marine sediments that you are talking about as I had the Algologie rep out. Do you mix that with the marine water or some of the oil formula?
I mix that with the marine water

Would it not be easier to shower the mud off? Would the mud not be very messy to mitt off?
I don't have shower facilities but have got very practised at removing the mud with the mitts without too much mess

Do you apply the mud to the scalp? The product that I have can be used as a mud mask, so think that the shower would be best option for those that want the scalp doing, but perhaps the mitt method for those that don't .
For the scalp massage I just apply a small amount of massage oil to the shoulders which is enough to carry onto the scalp. I keep the product to a minimum on the hair.

With mitts

Hands - it's easier & less wasing up afterwards :lol:

Do you heat the mud up?
Definately - unless you want to peel your client off the ceiling - the mud is COLD when applied. Heat by putting in one bowl, then put this bowl in a bigger one with boiling water.[/quote]

I used to use E'spa and they did a marine mud envelopment.
We mixed the mud with a small amount of water and some e'spa body oil.
Showered off after treatment...while mud was on client was wrapped in foil blanket and scalp massage performed.
No mud on the scalp but massage was performed using oil and another product that was a creamy consistancy.
We used hands to apply.Feels nicer and the mud was warmed before the application.
HTH xx

thanks everyone!
yes LOL, lots of ?????? from me as per usual!

Ooh, all these questions Ann, :lol:

Thanks Sarah.

I mix that with the marine water

I don't have shower facilities but have got very practised at removing the mud with the mitts without too much mess

For the scalp massage I just apply a small amount of massage oil to the shoulders which is enough to carry onto the scalp. I keep the product to a minimum on the hair.

With mitts

Hands - it's easier & less wasing up afterwards :lol:

Do you heat the mud up?
Definately - unless you want to peel your client off the ceiling - the mud is COLD when applied. Heat by putting in one bowl, then put this bowl in a bigger one with boiling water.[/quote]

I give you a A Grade in the Course.

Spot on with the correct performance.

Now can you name all the ingredients in all the products . LOL:lol:

We use Anesi Parafango Mud Wrap and Clients love it. It is great for cellulite or 'redefining the silohette'. Basically its a lovely pamper and you do definitely get results with cellulite. No shower required either ! I first tried this wrap in the US, but couldn't source it in the UK till recently. Glad I did - clients love it and I retail the 1 hr 15 treatment at £55.

1. Exfoliate with the Creme Foliant
2. Apply ampoule to hips, bum, thighs, tum - trouble spots !
3. Paint a mix of parrafin wax and marine mud - thats where the name Parafango comes from.
4. Wrap in Osmotic film
5. Chill for 20 mins.
6. Cut through film and it just peels away.
7. Apply massage cream.

BLISS !

Mx:green:

wow! that seems easy.

We use Anesi Parafango Mud Wrap and Clients love it. It is great for cellulite or 'redefining the silohette'. Basically its a lovely pamper and you do definitely get results with cellulite. No shower required either ! I first tried this wrap in the US, but couldn't source it in the UK till recently. Glad I did - clients love it and I retail the 1 hr 15 treatment at £55.

1. Exfoliate with the Creme Foliant
2. Apply ampoule to hips, bum, thighs, tum - trouble spots !
3. Paint a mix of parrafin wax and marine mud - thats where the name Parafango comes from.
4. Wrap in Osmotic film
5. Chill for 20 mins.
6. Cut through film and it just peels away.
7. Apply massage cream.

BLISS !

Mx:green:

Sounds like the kind of thing I have been looking for

Can I ask which company you get your Anesi Parafango Mud Wrap from.

Do they do opening packages, training??

Thank you :hug:

That sounds like a body contouring wrap.

Exfoliate the body, one area at a time using a peel and body mitts to remove excess.

Apply a oil to target cellulite and a balm to help with flabby skin.

Mix powder and water together until looks like a thick paste. Apply to troubled areas, tummy after baby, bat wings, breasts ect.

Wrap client in plastic sheet and cover with either towels or blanket and leave for 20 minutes.

Unwrap client and peel the wrap of the troubled areas, it sets like rubber so mess at all.

Apply finishing cream.

Simple

Latest posts

Back