"must have" Creative products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avivajoy

Reaction score
I am doing the l&p conversion course with creative and it comes with a kit. However, could any of you give me advice as what to buy from them that would be most worthwhile, or "cant do without lots of it". Ive set myself a budget of 200pounds (thought I was safe as Id never reach it, HA!) Id like to include the Fabric# salon starter and the Brisa overlay, not much left after that. I dont want to buy too much of the "less right things" and not enough of the 'must haves'. Ive gone through the catalogue and the website loads of times and want everything and Im sure once Im at the osns, ill want everything there too. btw, any ideas on how to actually earn money instead of spending it?xx

I'd spend whatever you've got left on basics such as cuticle remover, solar oil and files..........Koala, Kanga, Girlfriend etc. After that, I'd buy some Solar Butter and Solar Manicure. Like you said , the list is endless.

As for making money, you need to set yourself a goal and a time limit. Decide by what date you want to be competant at what you do and aim towards that. Make a long term goal such what you want to do with your skills. Home based? Mobile? Salon? Then don't deviate from your plan.

You may find that your strengths lie with only one of the applications, for example L&P, so in my opinion, become expert in that one rather than mediocre in all of them.

Good luck with whatever you do. xxxx

Hey Kimmi, thanks for the reply. What do you think of the solar speed spray? I wanna be good at everything! Aim high eh? At the moment Im looking to refine/improve my techniqes until about July and then open my business, itll have to be really modest atthe beginning as I have to be able to fit it around my son, so it will have to be home based and mobile. Still as the saying goes "little acorns something something big oak trees" xxx

Solar speed spray is fab, but it wouldn't be on my list of priorities. The trouble is that all Creative products are fab and we want them all........NOW !!!

If you want to make a lasting impression with your clients, put a dollop of Solar Silk or Solar Butter on their hands and they'll be yours forever. They can't resist the fragrance...............it's like a drug. xxxx

I would say the products I couldn't get by without are Solar Oil, Scrubfresh, Nailfresh, Coolblue, Oh and my files.

Then solar silk/solar butter it shall be. Anything to make the clients want only me (apart from my charm, beauty and natural talent of course) It seems that Ive finally found products that are worth what they cost, what a novelty! WIth not having them available where I live I need to be sure that I get what I need as I cant just pop back to the shop as needed.Mind you, probably a lot cheaper in the long run. Ill need something to dry the varnish though otherwise the solarsil/butter will squidge together with the varnish. btw, how many sets does each file do? Weird question I know but that way I can work out apprx how many Ill need. Sorry if Im being a pain in the a$#e. xxx

As the Official Geek Brush Slayer, I would recommend a spare brush :lol:

Just about everyone I know has contaminated/trashed their brush at some point, usually in the first few months as it's easy to make mistakes and leave product in it, over work product and gunk it up, work too wet and it gets gloopy - or like me just plan crap and ruin loads of them :lol:

Worth spending £20 of your money and have one in reserve than get to a lovely new client and find you've got no brush (guess who's been there, done that??!!! :smack: )

Make you right trinity i am guilty of that as well, as Kimmi said i wouldnt go buying all the systems at once, i think its going to take longer to master your system than you realise, so buy coolblue, chlorispray, scrubfresh, nailfresh, frnch polishes, solarsilk and solaroil and files, kangas koaolas, outblack, hotshots and buffers. All necessitys
HTH

Hi
adding to waht the other ladies have said, i would add heat dry top coat (dries very quick but not in 3 min as bottle says. I do 4-5 mins for sureness) fab product. air dry is good too. and definately have a spare brush! The amout of times i have said thank god for that! lol

When I first started with L&P, I was lucky if the Outblack would last for 3 sets !!!! Ok all of you stop sniggering:lol: , if you are anything like me when you start out there is a tendancy to build a mountain and then have to file it all away. My Education ambassador reliably told us all that you should end up being able to use one for about 6 sets:o I will get there one day!!. So stock up on those. I would also say that I would buy the Boomerang board over the Koala buffer, costs a little more but I think that it is worth the extra. I have to agree with the previous replies and say that I would concetrate one just one system for now, trust me when I say it takes a lot of time to feel confident with your skill, trying to master all 3 is unimaginable to me at the mo. Good Luck x x

I would look at getting the full size Fabric, and not the starter kits as the sizes are small and harder to use. I made the mistake of buying the smaller sizes to start with and ended up buying the bigger ones in the end. I think it is the bestest bestest silk system ever ever.

My very recent shopping list from them cost me £231 and I got loads of bits and bobs.

Rachel

I would get all the prep stuff, cool blue, scrubfresh, cuticle remover etc. Also files and the girlfriend buffer. I would get solar oil, but you can live without solar butter and solar speed sprayetc for a while until you can afford to build up.HTHx

Thanks everyone for your replies!! (I am not worthy, I am not worthy - said while making worshipping motions aka Waynes World)
You are all right of course. Ive done some delving into my phsyche (didnt take long) and realise the reason I want to do everything now is due to the fact that I can only do the courses when I am in the UK. If I knew I could do them here then Id wait and be a relatively patient bunny.(Hint to big quality companies to expand my way)
Such a relief that there are others out there who are more 'one night stand' with thieir brushes than 'married with kids" Ive got 4 brushes at the moment (Kolinsky sable #8, cost about 4gbp) as I keep loving then leaving them (metaphorically). xxxx

I'm in a similar position where i set myself a budget to include my training, a desk and products. So now I'm into the training, I've already spent £300 on products - mainly just larger versions of what I got in my kit, extra files, tips , solar oil etc..maybe a couple of things I could have lived without such as an acrylic organiser stand and a lovely silver case and some northern lights! trouble is now I'm skint! I only have 2 bottles of polish . My friends say "where's all your polishes?" I don't really see these as essential at the mo, but wish I could have all these lovely extras!! Ihaven't bought an extra brush yet, so think that will be next - but I just had to get the worm coffin to look after my 1 brush. My hubby can't sem to see that I need all this stuff - but then again hubbys don't seem to understand why we need so many pairs of shoes do they!!

Back