My Brand Spanking New Website!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
I am very excited about my brand new, first ever website designed by the lovely, talented and very patient Ruth Mills :hug:.

Please feel free to take a look at www.indigobeautyroom.co.uk and tell me what you think. This really has been a long labour of love on both my part and Ruth's, but the end result is well worth it in my very humble opinion, lol.

I find the site quick and user friendly and appreciate that I am able to update it as and when I like, on my own, using the self explanatory editing facility which Ruth has provided me with. I am a PC numpty and even I can use it :lol:.

Between us we have done our best to rectify any errors. If you can spot anything which may need tinkering, then please let me know.

Ruth Mills.... thank you! You are a gem and IT wizard :green:.

Hehe I was looking at your website a couple of weeks ago.... thought it was lovely then and still do now.

It's beautiful chick.

I think it's lovely! xx

Thank you, There are still a couple of things to be added, but nothing that affects the website for now in a negative way. Everything that I need to get me going is there. Ruth's attention to detail is fab. When I first started looking at website designing I was treading very cautiously, but am so pleased witht he result.

It was actually on google before I knew it :eek:.

I think its a really nice website and the only thing I would say (which is just my opinion) is that im not overly keen on the homepage. If it wasn't for the word beauty in the title then it wouldn't really give me any indication that it was a beauty website.As I say thats just my opinion and I am probably the only one that thinks that lol.

Also I couldn't find any information about the opening hours, as a consumer I like to know the opening hours without having to contact the salon first otherwise its just a waste of time if say I can only do Mondays and have to email/call wait for a response to find out maybe a day or so later that the salon is closed.

I think the terms and conditions page is a great idea :)

Absolutely lovely hun xx

Also I couldn't find any information about the opening hours, as a consumer I like to know the opening hours without having to contact the salon first otherwise its just a waste of time if say I can only do Mondays and have to email/call wait for a response to find out maybe a day or so later that the salon is closed.

I think the terms and conditions page is a great idea :)
I am interested in all opinions so no worries there.

The opening hours (so to speak) are on the home page where it states at the bottom that treatments are by appointment only and I am happy with this for now. If this does not work for the future then I have the option to ammend this at any point due to the editing facility.

I love it!! Nice and clear and very professional!!

I'm afraid i agree with Bombini regarding your home page-sorry :o
I just think there is too much writing and it makes it a bit fussy.
Someone once told me that a website should be like a book and your homepage should be the cover.
I think it would be better with opening hours and your qualifications and then perhaps an 'about me' button.
Love the rest of the site though :hug:

Its great hun, i love the pic on your home page :hug:

Hi
Love the website. Only comment is that I would take out the word 'intensive' when describing your training, you know what people are like and it might give them the impression that it was a quicky course and you didn't have enough time to train.

It was actually on google before I knew it :eek:.

ok, how did Ruth manage to do that? I cant even get mine to show up in a search at all.

Your site is looking good, but have to agree with the opening hours needing to be easily seen.

ok, how did Ruth manage to do that? I cant even get mine to show up in a search at all.

Just the usual search engine optimisation techniques of making use of "META" tags, and making the actual text of the web site written with search engines in mind (e.g. on the home page, the list of geographical areas that are within reasonable travelling distance of the salon, rather than just St Albans itself, so that the site should appear in a Google search when doing a search for one of those other areas).

Although this site has been a fair while in the making - so Google should have had ample opportunity to index it over the last few months lol...

Just the usual search engine optimisation techniques of making use of "META" tags, and making the actual text of the web site written with search engines in mind (e.g. on the home page, the list of geographical areas that are within reasonable travelling distance of the salon, rather than just St Albans itself, so that the site should appear in a Google search when doing a search for one of those other areas).

Although this site has been a fair while in the making - so Google should have had ample opportunity to index it over the last few months lol...

I really have learnt a fair bit about websites and how they work since asking Ruth to design mine. Ruth kindly put it all in simple English for me, lol, so that I could understand at least some of it.

Yes.... my site has been a fair while in the making :rolleyes:. I take full responsibility so don't go rubbing it in :lol: :wink2:.

Tracey I think it looks lovely - you ought to get lots of new business from it.

And well done to Ruth too!!

Well done Tracey & Ruth - great website!

hiya
great site very easy to navagate, isnt Ruth brilliant n shes great at giving people tips for their own site.
im lovin ur last bit on terms and conditions, fair play to ye.

pam x

:eek: Stunning website Tracey ... well done to you and Ruth for putting it together.

George would be very proud of you !!! (wouldn't you be gobsmacked if he turned up at the salon for the appointment !!!) :lol:

Looks lovely, easy to navigate and with good info.

The only criticism I have is on the photos in the make up sections. The photography is letting down your work.

A quick hint to make them look better is when you take photos like that zoom in on the girl but stand further away to frame her in the photo. Currently you are using the wide setting which makes the nose look bigger than it really is.

Looks lovely, easy to navigate and with good info.

The only criticism I have is on the photos in the make up sections. The photography is letting down your work.

A quick hint to make them look better is when you take photos like that zoom in on the girl but stand further away to frame her in the photo. Currently you are using the wide setting which makes the nose look bigger than it really is.

I couldn't agree with you more, thank you. This is something which has been bugging me and I have been looking into this.

Unfortunately, I don't have a massive protfolio of great photos so these were the best available. Except for the first 3 photos which were taken by a pro photographer, the rest were taken by me and I thought I had to use the Macro facility for everything..... I really should just keep it for nail work only, lol.

I am learning all the time and what you mentioned about standing away and zooming in, is what has been suggested to me.

As my portfolio grows, I will be looking to replace these pics. Thanks Jo x

Latest posts

Back