My fitness pal iPhone app

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering how everyone is getting on? I've just ended my first week & have lost 3lbs so far so I'm really pleased.

Hope you're all doing well x

Just wondering how everyone is getting on? I've just ended my first week & have lost 3lbs so far so I'm really pleased.

I haven't logged anything since Thursday. :( Had a bad, but good, weekend.

I haven't logged anything since Thursday. :( Had a bad, but good, weekend.

Well we're all allowed to enjoy ourselves every now & then! Glad it was a good one! X

Wow, 3lb is great. I had a day out yesterday and totally blew out !! I didn't track it ( I don't want to know ), but started afresh today. Hoping to go to the gym a couple of times at lunch this week too.

This app looks great have jst downloaded! Ive ate rubbish today but pleased to see im 300 cals under my allowance and my allowance is quite low so i am pleased (although it gave me a row. Woops!)

I am BLONDIE1639 If anyone would like to add me, i have added as many of you as i could see names for :) will be encouraging (i hope!)

xE

Ive just added this after browsing through here.
I have one of those vibration power plates in my salon which i use everyday but cant find anything to put that in :sad:
Please add me, the more the better as need motivation for my hols at beggining of may, my user name is itzybitzyboo

Mine is laurajane16 I'm going to try and add you all

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

Hi guys I just got back into dieting and am using the app hope it works and good luck to everyone using the app and dieting! Well done to everyone with their diet so far.

My user name is cgritt feel free to add me if anyone likes (I have no friends) haha

I'm using this to! It's amazing - I've just lost 7lb !!!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I joined weightwatchers a fortnight ago. But it wasnt for me, got sick of calculating points & I was always starving.

so I've been doing my fitness pal again for the past few days combined with going to the gym. Got weighed yesterday & I've lost 2.5lb in the few days I've been using it again. which I thinks fab.

Good luck I'll add you now x

Well this thread has encouraged me to start using the app again. I've just weighed and I'm off to fill in my details to start again. Last time I used it it didn't have the 'friends' option. I'm vanessanne if anyone wants to add me.

Thanks everyone for kick starting me!

I've signed back in, weighed and started doing the diary. I was way over on my calories yesterday (no wonder my weight had crept back up) but slightly better today, this app really does make it easy to track what you've eaten.

Thank you for the friend requests, I will send out requests and we should be able to support each other.

I've been using this app for a few months now but have been very slack lately. I need to get back into it. It has set my calories really low so I am finding it a struggle to eat 3 healthy meals and stay within my calorie goal each day but I'll keep with it. If I do go over a little I don't worry because I think mine have been set way too low anyway.

Having also been reading up on walking today and the benefits/weight loss that can be achieved by doing it, I have read on several different sites now that in order to successfully lose weight, you shouldn't be using the calories burned as "extra" calories to then eat again. This is where I think have been going wrong with the app, I have done a workout and burned say 450 calories, the app adds that on to my daily allowance so then I have been using it to eat up to my daily limit. From what I've been reading this morning, this is wrong. But if I don't use all my calories in one day, the app tells me off and says I'm not eating enough!!

All I want to do is lose 2lbs a week, I've got half a stone left to shift and ideally would like to shift it by mid May as we have a wedding to go to and I want to look good! So I have 3 weeks. 2lbs is a healthy and achievable loss each week, I just seem to be plateauing at the moment, nothing on, nothing off.

So am finding it all conflicting and confusing. I really like the app, so might still use it to just get me thinking about what I'm eating but won't pay attention to the tellings off!!

How is everyone getting on? And those that have lost 3lbs in a week, would you be able to just give me an example of your daily diary so I can compare on how I'm eating? I don't think I actually eat that un-healthily tbh, for me I think it's more that I need to up my exercise a bit more, so I'm going to start up my walking again and do a 30-60 min walk every day and see if that kick starts the last few pounds coming off.

I've been using this app for a few months now but have been very slack lately. I need to get back into it. It has set my calories really low so I am finding it a struggle to eat 3 healthy meals and stay within my calorie goal each day but I'll keep with it. If I do go over a little I don't worry because I think mine have been set way too low anyway.

Having also been reading up on walking today and the benefits/weight loss that can be achieved by doing it, I have read on several different sites now that in order to successfully lose weight, you shouldn't be using the calories burned as "extra" calories to then eat again. This is where I think have been going wrong with the app, I have done a workout and burned say 450 calories, the app adds that on to my daily allowance so then I have been using it to eat up to my daily limit. From what I've been reading this morning, this is wrong. But if I don't use all my calories in one day, the app tells me off and says I'm not eating enough!!

All I want to do is lose 2lbs a week, I've got half a stone left to shift and ideally would like to shift it by mid May as we have a wedding to go to and I want to look good! So I have 3 weeks. 2lbs is a healthy and achievable loss each week, I just seem to be plateauing at the moment, nothing on, nothing off.

So am finding it all conflicting and confusing. I really like the app, so might still use it to just get me thinking about what I'm eating but won't pay attention to the tellings off!!

How is everyone getting on? And those that have lost 3lbs in a week, would you be able to just give me an example of your daily diary so I can compare on how I'm eating? I don't think I actually eat that un-healthily tbh, for me I think it's more that I need to up my exercise a bit more, so I'm going to start up my walking again and do a 30-60 min walk every day and see if that kick starts the last few pounds coming off.

The only problem I've found with MFP is the amount of calories it tells you that you need to consume. It is often too low. You need to work out your BMR which will tell you the number of calories your body would need to function if it was in a coma. This is then the absolute minimum calories you need to consume on a daily basis. There are loads of websites you can use to calculate your BMR. My Fitness Pal said I should eat 1200 cals but my BMR is actually nearer 1350 so I upped my daily cal intake. Since I've upped my calories I've actually lost weight quicker. Otherwise your body goes into starvation mode & starts holding onto any fat it can get its hands on!

You can send me a friend request if you like as my food diary is open to my friends. I'm loulabelle13.

HTH xx

I started this mon!! Anyone done well using this, and does it help to add friends ?
My user name is azendi x

I'll add you now. Xx

I started this mon!! Anyone done well using this, and does it help to add friends ?
My user name is azendi x

I've added you aswel.
I do find it very useful, even on bad weeks when I really slip up it makes me realise how badly I've done, and it does make me realise the true amount of calories in things, like the other week I thought I was being healthy having a stir fry, there was 801 calories in it! haha x

Latest posts

Back