My new website!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shine_Studios

Reaction score
Hi guys, my new site is finally up and running!!!

www.shinebeautyboutique.co.uk

It has all the salon pics and everything.

Let me know what you think guys

xxxx

Hi, just lokoed at your website, I think its really nice. Its a good layout, easy to use and I liked that you could change the colour! Only thing is theres quite a lot of small writing, but Im not the kind of person that likes to read a lot when going onto websites! Well done, its really good :) xx

Hi

Having only just completed my site which I have found and still find frustrating until I can afford for someone to do mine - I had a look and I think it is very welcoming and fun and I like how you have named the packages, makes it very bespoke to you.It looks gorgeous and welcoming on the gallery too.

Just a couple of little things though is that in your massages, you have a full body massage for 20 minutes (!) at £35, all I can think is blimey you must work at quite a pace! lol :lol:

Also could you make it easier to hyperlink the treatments more individually so potential clients can go to the treatment they are most interested in?

Is fab though
OGT x

Last edited:
On the whole, a rather classy looking site - and I'm impressed to see the use of JQuery and Facebox, amongst other Javascript plugins. - so whoever's designed it for you must be a bit of a techie by the look of things, which is always good!

Have noticed a few minor issues however:

(1) The text with the address (just below the Shine logo at the top) is in quite a small font, and against quite a "busy" background; I've found it quite difficult to read as a result. As that's pretty fundamental information to your business, I'd be inclined to increase the font size, go for a bold font, and change the background like you've done for the "Shine" logo itself, where there is less contrast in the pattern of the background, meaning it's easier to discern the text superimposed on it.

(2) At the end of the address/contact details bit, there is a bit that says "Or contact us today". But the link on "today" is broken (there is no /hire.html page on the site).

(3) There is a banner with a picture of a lady on to the right of the "Shine" title, that says "Little bit of text - Advert for a product or service?" - that looks like some test text that the web designer would put in just to test the layout - would it be better to change it to be a proper advert, e.g. for a special offer for your salon?

(4) The treatments page has a huge amount of stuff on it - would this be better split into a number of pages? Or, better still, have another line of tabs for each set of treatments underneath the main set of navigation tabs?

(5) You might want to try increasing the compression on the images on the gallery page to make the file sizes smaller which will speed up the page load time. But this needs to be carefully balanced to make sure that you don't lose too much quality from the images.

(6) The font for the privacy message on the contact page is tiny, and it's also in a fairly light shade of grey. I'd be inclined to make the text larger and in a darker shade, so that it's easier to read. When it comes to font size, I always prefer to err on the side of caution and go on the large side, thus ensuring maximum readability and accessibility.

(7) There's a few XHTML validation errors that the W3C validator has picked up, [Invalid] Markup Validation of http://shinebeautyboutique.co.uk/index.html - W3C Markup Validator

Hope that helps - hope I'm not being too nit picky!

Absolutly Fab

I really like it. Lots of information, just the sort of website I would want to visit if I were considering spending money at your salon. Well done.

rebecca

thankyou guys!!! there is still a few things that need sorting out but i needed some feedback (thanks for all your info guys) - so they can sort all out at once!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

thankyou guys!!! there is still a few things that need sorting out but i needed some feedback (thanks for all your info guys) - so they can sort all out at once!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Shine, can I ask who did your website for you, it looks great? Plese PM me if you shouldn't "advertise" in a regular post. Thanks, Carol x

Latest posts

Back