My Treatment Menu. Opinions Please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
This is the treatment menu I am planning for my brochures and my new website (currently being designed by Ruth Mills). As a hardcopy, it is a double sided A4 tri fold. There are some adjustments to be made, ie, it is slightly off centre and there are a couple of grammatical errors, but what I need is your opinions/judgements/critiques please.

Is it appealing?
Is it clear in concept and design?
Is it easy on the eye?
Does it grab your attention?
Is it professional?
Is it too fussy?...... etc, etc, etc......
Should I add more product brand logos eg. OPI, Creative etc....

Just some things you may want to know about..... (a) I have currently omitted nail enhancements (I have my reasons), and for the time being intend to offer overlays only although I am happy to do the occasional enhancement for repair.

(b) I intend to have a separate leaflet/website area for bridal make-up as this is quite an extensive area for me and I use a vast selection of products. I think it warrants a place of it's own.

(c) I have researched my prices extensively both with local high street salons and 2 very local homebased salons whilst taking into account my qualfications, experience, and quality of products and service. My home salon is a totally dedicated beauty room.

(d) The photo of the nails is my own work. My website will include a photo gallery.

I will take on board all your input. Thanks geeks.

Attachments

• Indigo Beauty Room.  Price Menu.jpg
    Indigo Beauty Room. Price Menu.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 560
  • Indigo Beauty Room.  Price Menu 2.jpg
    Indigo Beauty Room. Price Menu 2.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 831
Sorry, just noticed that the printing is not clear on the thumbnails. It's perfect on publisher.

Sorry, just noticed that the printing is not clear on the thumbnails. It's perfect on publisher.

It's fine at my end too. Thanks for that, will be in touch when I have something up there for you to see :)

Looks Lovely.. the purple is nice.

Although i think there might be a printing error, on the pedicures, the classic is marked at £45.00, while the luxury pedicure is marked at £25.00? I apoligise if its intended. lol.

xx

They look good Tracey. The only thing I would say is the font you have chosen, Comic Sans, always says 'casual' to me, not to be taken too seriously IYKWIM. It's probably a highly irrational thing on my part but I would have chosen a more 'profesional' font personally.

Looks good and is informative

Just one thing I think the title should be Hands & feet or Manicure & Pedicure to me its a bit confusing and looks a bit squashed, hth

Have to agree with Pure over the fonts - it was the first thing that struck me. Does not go with your first page and will not look as "serious". Good luck with your venture though.:hug:

Doing price leaflets is a nightmare I know but you want to get the best image so the hard work is worthwhile. It is looking good but a few points I have are:

- The Indigo Beauty Room should stand out more. Perhaps a different colour of text from the rest, perhaps a bit larger.
- Tracey Hamilton - I would keep this in bold but put memberships in ordinary font and maybe even smaller font.
- Instead of 'Contact' I'd put Tel: 07960 975149 all in bold. The rest in ordinary font, ie not bold.
- Address and Telephone number and website under the salon name.
- The font is not the best for getting a lot of text onto a small area and keeping it easy on the eye. Perhaps try Ariel.

I think in a lot of intstances, you go into too much unnecessary detail. Space is scarce and a premium so I'd put:
- Nail art from 25p
- Repairs (at maintenance) £3.00 per nail
- Repairs (outwith maintenance) £5.00 per nail
- Removal/soak-off £12
- Removal/soak-off & mini manicure £18
- Removal/soak-off of nails from another salon from £18

No need to put the nail art, repairs or removal under their own heading.

Re French Finish / UV Gel Top Coat / French Pink Shimmer, I'd just try and address this with an asterisk and a footnote of £3 extra.

I also think the text might look better set to the left hand margin.

I don't mean to be picky and hope the above are helpful. Keep up the good work! xx:hug:

They look good Tracey. The only thing I would say is the font you have chosen, Comic Sans, always says 'casual' to me, not to be taken too seriously IYKWIM. It's probably a highly irrational thing on my part but I would have chosen a more 'profesional' font personally.

Have to agree with Pure over the fonts - it was the first thing that struck me. Does not go with your first page and will not look as "serious". Good luck with your venture though.:hug:
Actually my daughter said the same thing, so thanks for pointing this out.

Looks Lovely.. the purple is nice.

Although i think there might be a printing error, on the pedicures, the classic is marked at £45.00, while the luxury pedicure is marked at £25.00? I apoligise if its intended. lol.

xx
Yes, definite error. Did not spot that myself. Am I barmey for charging £45 for any pedicure :eek:? Thanks, lol :lol:.

Looks good and is informative

Just one thing I think the title should be Hands & feet or Manicure & Pedicure to me its a bit confusing and looks a bit squashed, hth
You are correct, thanks. Don't know why I did that. I'll change it.

Doing price leaflets is a nightmare I know but you want to get the best image so the hard work is worthwhile. It is looking good but a few points I have are:

- The Indigo Beauty Room should stand out more. Perhaps a different colour of text from the rest, perhaps a bit larger.
- Tracey Hamilton - I would keep this in bold but put memberships in ordinary font and maybe even smaller font.
- Instead of 'Contact' I'd put Tel: 07960 975149 all in bold. The rest in ordinary font, ie not bold.
- Address and Telephone number and website under the salon name.
- The font is not the best for getting a lot of text onto a small area and keeping it easy on the eye. Perhaps try Ariel.

I think in a lot of intstances, you go into too much unnecessary detail. Space is scarce and a premium so I'd put:
- Nail art from 25p
- Repairs (at maintenance) £3.00 per nail
- Repairs (outwith maintenance) £5.00 per nail
- Removal/soak-off £12
- Removal/soak-off & mini manicure £18
- Removal/soak-off of nails from another salon from £18

No need to put the nail art, repairs or removal under their own heading.

Re French Finish / UV Gel Top Coat / French Pink Shimmer, I'd just try and address this with an asterisk and a footnote of £3 extra.

I also think the text might look better set to the left hand margin.

I don't mean to be picky and hope the above are helpful. Keep up the good work! xx:hug:

You are not picky at all Chris. I am taking everything on board and it really helps to have lots of fresh pairs of eyes to notice certain things. Thank you.

Sorry to be picky Tracey, but I've noticed that under the heading "Infills & Rebalance", you either have one bracket missing or one too many.

That aside, it's a very informative leaflet and does what it says on the tin.

Good luck and may it bring you an abundance of new business :hug: xx

Like the colour, not keen on the font. The only other thing I'd say is that personally I'd have the descriptions justified on both margins, so you get a nice tidy edge. It makes it look less cluttered to me.

Hi, Yes I like the purple for the prices and descriptions, but I think the fonts on front page could be a different colour, just to break things up a bit:).

My only, other, suggestion would be to try and squeeze in your opening times somewhere.

Jes

I like the look of your price list, it has lots of information yet does not look cluttered. I agree with the others about the comic sans font. I do think a few images of product logos would be a good idea, though I'm not sure if there is enough room. I like the colour of your text, but I would be tempted to use a different font colour, such as black, for the treatment headings just to break up the leaflet and seperate each type of treatment a bit. I also agree that it unnecessary to have seperate headings for nail art/repairs, grouping them into enhancements section may provide more room for some logo's. hth's

anne xx

Latest posts

Back