nail agency

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traceypel

Reaction score
just need some views on a little idea that i had last nite...
i adore doing nails and have been for the last 8years but upto recently ive needed more of a challenge in my life..(ie already have 2 boys aged 3 / 5 yrs) as if that isnt enough (oh and the other boy MY HUSBAND whose like the 3rd kid!!)
im for ever seeing adverts for nail techs in the paper and wondered why nail techs are forever leaving ( maybe all the hard work and PAY!) and thought of the good nail techs out there, proving their work but struggling to a degree (ie competition from cheaper salons/location/alot of nail bars)
anyway gettin to the point (kids in bed and husband at work. nowt on telly) as anyone heard of a nail agency.. employing nail techs to temp in salons covering holidays/sickness/leaving.. a bit like an employment agency..
i know loads of nail techs - very good ones as well but struggling and thought to contact loads of salons and send out them when needed. plus commission of course...
let me know what u think and if possible or is already running...
tracey p
2nd place (level 2) gmex nail comp

I think its a really good idea and probably what a lot of people could use. well done mrs brainy, you may have just thought of something very promising x x x x :D

What a great idea! You could start locally and expand further out if it takes off. There's loads of mobile techs who would love to do a bit of salon work here and there but that might not want a job full time in a salon too? Good Luck, hope it takes off. If you get as far as Cheshire let me know and I might sign up!!

WOT A CLEVER GIRL!
thats a very good idea, i think it would work.:biggrin:

I know what you mean. I did something similar to this a while back but just offering my own services to a few local salons like a temp covering days off, hols etc. But I didn't get any response and gave up on the idea. Then a few months later I did get a salon ring me about a part time job but the money they paid was awful so decided to stick to my mobile business instead.

I think its a great idea and if you are prepared to work at it could be very successful. You could even expand to cover beauty and hairdressers if it takes off.

Good Luck.

No reason why you can't do it. If you don't someone else will and there's usually room in the market for more than one. Do your research and see if salons would be open to the idea.

You could possibly do it for party bookings as well. Pamper parties run beauty events you could do something similar if you wanted to.

Hi there

I have recently taken over a salon in SE London/NW Kent, and am actually looking for staff.

And you know what I can't find a Nail Agency anywhere!!

An excellent idea, well done.

Also if you know anyone looking for work in my area let me know.

Also anyone out there looking for work on a P/T or F/T employment, irrespective of experience, please let me know

Thanks all

Latest posts

Back