Nail art tips & tricks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph Dodson

Reaction score
Hello... I recently done a thread about showing us your nail art! You all seem to be super good at it! So I thought we could all maybe share any tips and tricks you have [emoji16] and answer any questions any of us may have! I know I have loads so I'll kick it off with...

What tools do you use to produce your fine nail art?

Pictures of your work included again would be great to reference too xx

Tbh I didn't think I would be very good, so bought acrylic paint and brushes off eBay. Ended up loving it and being better than I expected. The enjoyment of doing art is actually what has inspired me to get back into beauty and nails. I learned a lot from watching robin Moses tutorials and working on nail pops. Here are my last two sets of nail art on acrylic

Attachments

• 1440958369823.jpg
    1440958369823.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 1440958395409.jpg
    1440958395409.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 102
Tbh I didn't think I would be very good, so bought acrylic paint and brushes off eBay. Ended up loving it and being better than I expected. The enjoyment of doing art is actually what has inspired me to get back into beauty and nails. I learned a lot from watching robin Moses tutorials and working on nail pops. Here are my last two sets of nail art on acrylic
In love with the art on the white nails!

Btw I use ouimaxi acrylic paints as they come in small handy tubes. The silver and gold are a bit watery so I wouldn't reccomend those I think I am going to take a trip to gemma lamberts shop when I get time mins to get a better gold and silver x

MrsB your art work is lovely especially the floral design on the white nails
What art brushes do you recommend as looking at buying some, basically everything I need brush wise to create any art work. thanks x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Aww thanks soo much Leila, only been doing art a couple of months so still a bit nervous about my work. I literally got a cheap set of all sorts including dotters off eBay. Robin Moses has a tutorial on cutting brushes on you tube. I followed this to make one of my brushes smaller and I wasn't too worried doing it since it was so cheap! Actually the brush is now very fine and the one I use the most. You will need a striping brush too x

Aww thanks soo much Leila, only been doing art a couple of months so still a bit nervous about my work. I literally got a cheap set of all sorts including dotters off eBay. Robin Moses has a tutorial on cutting brushes on you tube. I followed this to make one of my brushes smaller and I wasn't too worried doing it since it was so cheap! Actually the brush is now very fine and the one I use the most. You will need a striping brush too x
Don't be nervous, if you've not been doing it that long you can see that you've got a very natural flair, I'd definitely pay for your services and show then off. And thanks I will have a look at youtube and brushes too xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back