Nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zamosangel

Reaction score
Ladies what paint does everyone use for hand painting nail art and one stroke x

I like the crystal nails one stroke paints.

I will have to look that up , I wasn't sure what paint I would use for this sort of work as I'm new to it all xx

Acrylic paint. It dries super fast and you have more control of the consistency when you use water.

Ladies what paint does everyone use for hand painting nail art and one stroke x

In my experience, the consistency of the paint is important and if you have paints that are too runny, you won't get the one stroke effect that you are looking for. It mustn't be thick or runny, but just in between and well pigmented so that you can swoop with the brush and create the desired blend in between. Windsor and Newton Galeria acrylic is a good brand to use and stocked in good local art and crafts shops.

For freehand painting, I use a number of very fine to fine detail brushes supplied from my local art supplies store. For the flat brush to do one stroke, it was tricky and I needed trial and error, but I personally found that sable gives me the "bounciness" that I needed to do the one stroke effect rather than using cheaper synthetic bristles. It's a personal choice so it might be different to you.

Latest posts

Back