Nail biter - advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJPN

Reaction score
Hiya. A new client has asked for my Nail Biter Package, saying that she bites them all the time and wants lovely new nails.

When I visited her though to assess her nails, they weren't actually that bad (they were all different lengths but some had free edge, I was expecting them to be really short), however it became apparent that she actually bites and picks at the skin on her fingers (not just cuticle but some were red where new skin was showing through where she has pulled skin off a good few mm away from the nail) and it's this that she bites not the nail.

I've explained to her that the nail biter package is a treatment of gels to improve the condition and length of the nails and not really for the skin around them. She said she still wants it anyway as she's fed up with the state of her hands.

So I can do the package and I'll use cuticle away each time and really give the cuticles a good tidy up and will give her Solar Oil to apply daily but is there anything else I can do to stop her biting the skin? I'm concerned that she'll be wasting her money on a package and still bite them anyway?!

Would appreciate any suggestions x

I'm a skin biter. I have had raw patches round my fingers that are totally embarrassing, especially when I do nails!
I have used shellac on me before and I would have nice nails and refrain from picking for a few days, the shellac would flake or lift, or doing treatments would cause break down and then I would pick the shellac off and be back to picking the skin. My husband and daughter tell me off so I hide it. It's minging.

Around November time I bought some gel ll. I decided to put a dark colour on and not pick just to see if it lasted. I managed a few days like with shellac, but no lifting or flaking or break down and they looked good. I'm now on my fourth application of it. I rarely pick now but it can still happen. I'm so amazed by how my hands look I've uploaded a pic to my Facebook page. I'm no longer ashamed!
This isn't an ad for gel ll, but more to say that if you work with her this can definitely work. Give her the rules. No skin picking once the application is on. Gloves at all times. Solar oil or similar 10 times a day and so on because once she leaves, it's up to her.

I find a dark colour helped me as I cannot bear chipped nails so I have done all I can to nurture them.

Hope that helps

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for this. I've been trialling Gel II and LOVE it so have just got a few more colours in :) was thinking of using Gel II on her anyway :) is there anything else you would recommend using on her hands?x

Latest posts

Back