Nail cleanser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natalia Edwards

Reaction score
Hi ladies I just need some advice on good nail cleansers. I currently work with the Gelish brand but the cleanser is really harsh on my skin and I'm getting sore peeling fingers. I read the ingredients and it contains acetone which seems strange as it's also used to remove the tacky layer. Can anyone recommend a good one that I could use with Gelish?

why not use isopropyl alcohol (IPA)? also known as rubbing alcohol
you can buy at any pharmacy but i'm sure S2 have it also.

Will that go the same thing and it be as harsh?

If you're referring to a product to remove the sticky inhibition layer on gels then isopropyl alcohol is normally used.

I believe the Gelish cleanser is used for both cleansing the nails and removing the sticky top film ( i don't use this system anymore but i'm pretty sure i'm right, please correct me if I've got this confused)

IPA will absolutely remove your sticky top film, however it is not suitable as a nail cleanser, You should always use what your manufacture recommends. If the solution is drying out your skin, perhaps consider some nitrile gloves, or if you don't want to wear gloves then perhaps using plastic backed pads will reduce your exposure to it.

If your fingers are starting to get sore and peel, this has all the warning signs of the start of an allergy, moving brands will not fix this, you need to protect yourself from overexposure or a new career might be on the cards in a few years! :(

Latest posts

Back