Nail course advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbiedixon81

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am looking for some advice. I am looking to become a mobile nail tech and looking at courses at the moment.

Can you advise if the One day manicure/ pedicure/ gel polish/ acrylic courses with the Scottish Beauty Academy would be sufficient enough or if I should go for the NVQ course at a local college?

Thanks
Debbie

If you are completely ignorant about nails, then one day courses will be no good. One day courses are just not enough time to cover everything and have enough practice. You will have so many questions afterwards that it'll do you more bad than good imo. I believe they are more oriented to people as a refresher course than a start-from-scratch course.
Of course I have no idea about this academy you mentioned, but I'm telling you my opinion
You'd be better off doing an NVQ

However, if you have already had some training in nails and you want to expand your knowledge, then one day courses are fine, because you already know the basics as well as nail anatomy, so you are just learning a new technique
It all depends on your background really.

Hi everyone, I am looking for some advice. I am looking to become a mobile nail tech and looking at courses at the moment.

Can you advise if the One day manicure/ pedicure/ gel polish/ acrylic courses with the Scottish Beauty Academy would be sufficient enough or if I should go for the NVQ course at a local college?

Thanks
Debbie

Hi Debbie
My name is Jo-Anne, and I've just recently started a course in gel nails which I am studying with Essential Nails Ltd. It's a home study course which is great because it does actually take quite a bit to get the nails looking spot on, and you do have to be really critical regarding your work because your clients definitely will be! I'm at the stage where I am trying to get the tipping, and blending procedures correct, but you do need to know about mastering the file, but yes I would say that because it involves a lot of practice on the nail trainer it is better to take a home course because you can work at your own pace, and should you need assistance you can just pick up the phone, and talk to a friendly tutor in that subject who will be pleased to help you, and I should also mention that you can also pay for your course in installments, and at the moment the price of the courses have been reduced so that's even better news. Anyway look into Essential Nails Ltd, and see what you think. ...they also offer courses in gels, acrylics, airbrush nails, and a few others. All the best, and if you need any more help, or advice just drop me a message on here. ...Good luck

Latest posts

Back