Nail dipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gillfalcone

Self employed beauty therapist
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm thinking of offering a nail dipping powder system, how does everyone think it compares to gel polish and which is the best brand? Thanks

Its just my opinion but I tried it and really didn't like it, clients loved it as it lasted well, but I hated the smell, I work quite close to the nails so the fumes hurt my eyes and gave me nose bleeds. (But I'm prob the only one) the quality of the products were not great the lids would get glued together and brushes came away after only a couple of uses. I had entity dip and buff after falling for all the hype when it was first released.
I've seen posts on here about the gelish one and that looks better.

I love the gelish dip system but takes a while to remove

How do you remove it?

The gelish dip is soak off like gel polish

I use Cuccio Powder Dip and find it really good. It soaks off as well. Cuccio make the ASP version in Salon Services/Sally too. They don't do as many colours as Cuccio but are readily available in store.

I use Cuccio Powder Dip and find it really good. It soaks off as well. Cuccio make the ASP version in Salon Services/Sally too. They don't do as many colours as Cuccio but are readily available in store.
Thanks

This has been a useful thread. I am interested in a dip system but I am very sensitive to smell. I am going to go to Olympia Beauty in October and do a smell test on the Cuccio and Gelish ones. Thanks for the help.

This has been a useful thread. I am interested in a dip system but I am very sensitive to smell. I am going to go to Olympia Beauty in October and do a smell test on the Cuccio and Gelish ones. Thanks for the help.

There's very little smell with the Cuccio Dip, definitely no strong smell like the monomer with acrilyc!

There's very little smell with the Cuccio Dip, definitely no strong smell like the monomer with acrilyc!

Thank you, good to know. I am sensitive to smells and monomer makes me feel very ill, so I am being cautious.

We at Flexiglaze have developed our own dipping glue that is not the same grade as other brands. Nearly all brands use ethyl cyanoacrylate for their dipping glues, (you would see this on the label) and that grade of glue does have vapours that can feel like eyes and nose are stinging, as their is an odour to it.. Our nail dipping glaze is not the same grade as this and does not have the vapours that can sting eyes and nose. You would hardly smell anything if at all. Plus we only do one thickness. Also we have added BB oil to our formula so not as harsh/drying on the natural nail either. No need for primer and not too much buffing of natural nail. Flexiglaze Dip Nails formula is exclusive to us and is due out next week along with our cosmetic grade dip powders and non dangerous activator in a very fine atomiser spray so not too much is used and no brushes going hard.

Ooh will see you there, as I'll hopefully be working on the Cuccio stand this year [emoji106]

Ooh will see you there, as I'll hopefully be working on the Cuccio stand this year [emoji106]

Yay, I have a shopping/reminder list going so I target specific stalls where I want products, so I don't get sidetracked. I have added 'say hi' at Cuccio stand to it.

Can I ask, can the Cuccio dip system be used over overlays/enhancements or just on natural nails.

Yay, I have a shopping/reminder list going so I target specific stalls where I want products, so I don't get sidetracked. I have added 'say hi' at Cuccio stand to it.

Can I ask, can the Cuccio dip system be used over overlays/enhancements or just on natural nails.
It can be used over natural nails and over tips too

Latest posts

Back