Nail dust cold like symptoms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natasha chapman

Reaction score
Hi all ...ever since I started doing acrylics in January im getting what seems like cold like symptoms sneezing runny nose and watery eyes does anyone else have problems like this ...

Hi

I'd put money on it not being the dust but the cyanoacrylates in the glue you use to stick on tips. It's also in lash glue. I can't have lashes anymore because 5 hours later I get severe flu symptoms that last a week. I don't do acrylics for this reason either.

The cyanoacrylate messes with mucous membranes as its attracted to water - hence eyes, nose and itchy mouth.

You could try wearing a mask but it might not help.

Jo

But I use the glue for such a short time and soo ill like now I'm in bed like I've got a full blown flu virus can't breath though my nose at all I also have lashes on but only had these on for a week but it's got no worse than normal been full since january and its really starting to get on my nerves I may try the mask and go from there Thabks for replying x

Thank you for that I use top end of the ladder products so maybe that is why I'm like this ive Been like this since january :/ and its an awful feeling all the time so wearing a mask woukdnt make any difference it's jist to do with uncured products

Latest posts

Back