Nail extension course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supermom

Reaction score
Hi all! Does anyone have any info regarding the Academy in Erdington, my friend and I are due to attend a 2 day course there this weekend and would really appreciate some feedback. Ta

Yes, I went before Christmas and found the training VERY poor. My gel extensions didnt stay on more than a day and after reading this site I realise they taught me nothing. Fortunately all these lovely Geeks have helped me no end and I am doing pretty well now, but if it wasnt for this site I wouldnt have carried on.

I would seriosuly forget about your desposit and book one of the courses the geeks recommend like creative etc

Sorry if ive sounded harse, but in my opinion I have wasted so much money by going there. I'm glad I didnt book anymore courses with them

Vanessa

Thankyou for your advice, we are due to go on Sat & Sun to do Gel & Acrylic are either of them worth their salt or should I look elsewhere. Ta

supermom said:
Thankyou for your advice, we are due to go on Sat & Sun to do Gel & Acrylic are either of them worth their salt or should I look elsewhere. Ta

Gel AND acrylic in 2 days!! That may give you a clue. I hope this isn't a beginners course?

Marian

I just looked at their website................
This quote under the beginners Course information is as follows:
"Anyone can become a nail technician with the right teaching. Only one day is needed to learn each system and you will then be qualified to apply your chosen system on the general public"

Oh how they make it sound so easy.....

It only takes 2 days to become all knowing and all singing and dancing Nail Technician????? Oh yes and I am a size 8........... Yes sadly if their course is acceptet by Insurers, then yes you can use your 2 day gained knowledge on the general public.............thats scary!!!!!!

This Course should be looked upon as an introduction to Nail Technology and further relevant courses should be taken as a follow up to the 2 day education/introduction offered here..........

Even if the educator is the educator send fom heaven, it will still take more then 2 days to become a fully competant Nail Technician........

How would you feel if your Hair dresser had done a course like this ????
I would run out of the door before you could say: Cut and blow dry lol...........
JMHO xxxx

This course sounds like the 2nd class that I attended, mine was silk/fibreglass and acrylic in 1 DAY!! I had to have completed a 3day induction course on gel first where we went through the basics of health and safety, anatomy of the nail, tip blending etc, also the gel system.
I left the 1 day course totally confused and completely unable to even form a bead of acrylic.
It wasn't a complete waste of money though. There were a few things that I learnt on the course that I have carried with me. I also met a few beginners who I continued my training with.
I have now trained with IBD, The Edge and Creative, and on each course I have learnt something different. I have a very busy appointment book, and very happy customers but I still go on as many courses as my purse will allow. There's so much to learn and love it!
Maybe you should still go on this course, don't expect too much, then if you have fun and catch the 'bug' for nail enhancements book yourself on a few more x

supermom said:
Hi all! Does anyone have any info regarding the Academy in Erdington, my friend and I are due to attend a 2 day course there this weekend and would really appreciate some feedback. Ta
Supermom, you have had a very lucky escape!
These are the people that really got my back up a few months ago.
I aways share my training experience with my nail art students if they ask. One lady was separating from her husband at the time and decided without telling me that she needed find a cheaper course than the one I had recommended.
She was new to nails and would show anyone who was interested in nails her nail art board as she was so proud. Anyway, cut to the chase... she took her board to show the 'trainer' at this place and when he heard that she hadnt received a certificate for her work with me .... HE GAVE HER ONE... and told her to just add MY name to it. I was fuming!!! I did ring them a few times but, no one got back to me, and eventually I forgot about it ... til now!.
Makes me angry still to think there is a certificate out there from this place with MY bloody name on it :twisted:

Dont do it! I did a gel course there and they training is horrendous it was a watse of money i didnt get taught anything and they left me to my own devices its very cheap to do the course but i personally wouldnt recommend it x

Hi,

I did a course with them in October last year, and I totally agree with KellyC. Their training was horrendous !! Even as a newbie to the world of nails, I knew that what they were teaching me was wrong. I've had my own nails done for years before I did the course, and none of the nail technicians that ever did my nails, used the techniques they showed us.

Now, after having done loads and loads of research since then and having spoken to many of the geeks on this wonderful site, I am going to do the Creative Foundation Course, and will continue to train with them until it isn't physically possible anymore :)

Yes, Creative is more expensive, but I firmly believe that the quality of their training, the products and the support you receive is worth every penny. As has been said many times before on this site, it sounds great being able to do a quick 1 or 2 day course at a fraction of the cost in comparison with other leading companies, but the real price you pay for poor training and inferior products just simply isn't worth it.

River

Latest posts

Back