Nail files... grits?!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly i'll apologise for asking this question, but due to being out of the industry for soooo long i really need to double check this info with you!

Please can you advise me what i use the 100/180 grit file for, ive just ordered some & then when i went to locate my college files i cant find them (typical!).

I have done a search but could'nt find the answer i am looking for!

Sorry for sounding thick!!!

Louise x :eek:

I use them for rebalances to file down the product and to debulk the product on the side wall of the enhancement, have tried using a 240 grit but havent got the hang of sculpting with my brush and not my file yet.
x

Hi Louise

Don't use either side on any part of the natural nail. Too course.

Both sides could be used for rebalancing but would suggest you only use the 180 side for shaping a new overlay, not the 100.

The 100 will create some very deep scratches that will be hard to remove and can easily affect polymerisation. Even if a lot of shaping is needed it is better to do it gently.

Using a 100 grit is a quick way to reduce bulk when pretailoring a tip, it is not recommended to us on the natural nail, and will as Marian said leave deep scratches in product. The only time I ever us 100 or even180 grit is to thin out a tip before adhering it or when reducing the well. I would never use it after I got the tip attached so that I have less chance of causing damage to the natural nail plate.

Latest posts

Back