Nail tips and adhesive help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krum

Reaction score
This is so embarrassing I just did a clients nails and when I was pressing in the the sides of the tips after gluing them on my thumb got stuck onto the tip and the clients skin. This has happened before with other clients too. I twist it off but it hurt the client and looked messy, leaving residue [emoji17]
I've tried brush on glue which is better but still the glue sometimes gets on the outside and stuck.
Is there another way of pressing in the sides so this won't happen? Or another way of applying the glue?
Thanks

Use less glue and be more precise in your application. I used to get stuck to clients all the time and would just laugh and say right that's it I'm coming home with you!

I now use a brush on adhesive as I find it easier to control and I apply to the contact area of the tip only. I hold the tip in place on the nail for 5 seconds then I press the 'ears' of the tips with the flat of my thumb nails to ensure proper adhesion. No skin to skin contact to get stuck then :)

How little glue should I use? I've tried using very little and it still sometimes squishes out [emoji20]

That's going to be trial and error depending on the type of adhesive you're using. Obviously you need enough to ensure the tip has full adhesion but not so much that it oozes out. Try varying where you place the adhesive as well.

Use less glue and u can use pinchers to shape the sides[emoji4] also known as long tweezers

Thanks for the tips. I feel like I'm much better at everything else now but this is a big issue! Should be able to sort it now [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back