Nail Hugs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nail Hugs now in stock & to pre order

Has anyone ordered these yet? How are you finding them? :) x

I hoping mine will arrive today so may be able to post results soon x

Watching thread carefully, sound good!

Are they pro only or can the public buy them too? X

I've used them and they are gorgeous, and more importantly, easy!

How do you order the nail hugs ? have been on the site but can't actually find them except gel polish, jewellery etc
thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ahh brilliant thank you :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey guys thought I would bump the thread! Has anyone got any pics or feedback X

I've tried these and didn't get on with them. The sheets you get are also tiny for the price, minx is better value for money but I've heard they don't last very well now they've changed the formula. The U.K. Supplier for nail hugs has changed and is now based in Ireland.

Dazzle.Digits what problems did you have with them? I only tried one set on Shelac & they 'bubbled' off the nail within 2 days! I put them over the colour coat then top coated so i think this was the problem as the Shellac wasnt sealed in.

I love them tho so really want them to work <3

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1457034270.923437.jpg

Hi everyone,

This is my first attempt at nail hugs. They were extremely easy to use and very effective. I thought they were really good value for money as each pack comes with 3/4 sheets. The only down side was they wore off after a week of so, so I would suggest 2 gel topcoats for longevity.

Hope that helps xxx

Dazzle.Digits what problems did you have with them? I only tried one set on Shelac & they 'bubbled' off the nail within 2 days! I put them over the colour coat then top coated so i think this was the problem as the Shellac wasnt sealed in.

I love them tho so really want them to work <3

Even with 2 layers of top coat and very careful sealing if the free edge they would chip within days or the whole topcoat and hug would peel off whole! I gave up in the end as wasnt willing to risk my reputation with clients.

Even with 2 layers of top coat and very careful sealing if the free edge they would chip within days or the whole topcoat and hug would peel off whole! I gave up in the end as wasnt willing to risk my reputation with clients.

Thats the problem I had. I tried on one (very understanding) client but they bubbled up & the top coat & hug peeled off in one go. I see so many fab pics of tecs using them so they must work somehow!

Im going to try again applying the hug over shellac top coat & then top coating again but havent got round to it yet.

They worked really well over Vinylux tho (on me) and lasted a week!xx

Thats the problem I had. I tried on one (very understanding) client but they bubbled up & the top coat & hug peeled off in one go. I see so many fab pics of tecs using them so they must work somehow!

Im going to try again applying the hug over shellac top coat & then top coating again but havent got round to it yet.

They worked really well over Vinylux tho (on me) and lasted a week!xx

So who is the current uk/Ireland supplier? I've gooled it to death & can't find?
I've used this (a co worker ordered from Canada ) & liked the effect! Did top coat over gel polish colour, buffed surface of cured topcoat lightly for few seconds with a block buffer, removed dust & it went on a dream, gel top coat to finish & lasting well for clients!
Don't want to pay huge shipping cost from Canada tho & wait! Any info if they are actually available here gratefully received! Ta!

Thats odd cos im sure I posted a link to the new suppliers on this post, but maybe it was another one lol.

I cant link to the website (silly copy paste on my iphones playing up!) But heres their Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/The-Nail-Room-Belfast-363864627428/

I think i deffo went wrong by not topcoating before adding the hug & top coating again. Xx

We sell NailHugs in Germany, Sweden and several other countries. If you use NailHugs on top of acrylic or gel, be sure to use a flexible top coat such as a gel polish top coat - two coats is better than one. If the top coat is too rigid, this can lift the NailHug and the top coat off the nail in a few days. If applied correctly, NailHugs lasts for 4 weeks or until you next customer visit.

NailHugs did apparently have some quality control problems with their original printer. This was before our time and NailHugs did recall the faulty product from their distributors - so none of these should have ended up in the hands of customers. It took several months to find a technical solution - bear in mind that NailHugs use a unique technology - but since December the quality has been correct and supplies became available again.

On 10th June the shape of the NailHugs will change from the square shape to a rectangular shape of 1.5 inches x 6 inches. Two versions will be available - a Retail version for salons to sell (perfect for teenagers) and the Pro salon version. There will be 41 designs, including some new designs.

We have a NailHugs Europe Facebook group if you have further questions.

Latest posts

Back